Team for portugal - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for portugal

Malcolm

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I wouldn't play Souttar. We should be using this as a warm up game for the game against Albania. He is suspended for that one.

Everything we do in this game should be geared towards getting a win (or at least a point) in Albania.

Good point, I would probably give a half to both Hendry and Souttar.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Mcgregor

tierney     Mulgrew  McKenna. Roberto

forrest   McGinn Armstrong McGregor  

Russell Naismith 

Mulgrew came off injured. Can't see him playing in this one?

6 minutes ago, Chripper said:

McGregor

McKenna       Hendry     Devlin

Forrest    McGregor  McTominay  McGinn  Robertson

McBurnie      Naismith

I remember the last time we played three at the back against Portugal. To say it did not go well is an understatement.

5 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I remember the last time we played three at the back against Portugal. To say it did not go well is an understatement.

The 5-0 game? 

That match scarred me growing up. I wasn't aware that we played with 3 at the back, though.

I would still have 3 at the back. If it yields the same results as it did after that 93 match then we have to.

Looks like Tierney Pulled  out over a loading issue”, WTF if he not carrying  a injury and they agreed to let him go back to celtic just to rest that out of order. He dose not deserve  special treatment over the rest of them.

Considering we played 7 games under  Mcleish and he only turned out in 3 of them, How are we suppose to learn if we can even play half the systems if he dose not even play.

7 minutes ago, Chripper said:

The 5-0 game? 

That match scarred me growing up. I wasn't aware that we played with 3 at the back, though.

I would still have 3 at the back. If it yields the same results as it did after that 93 match then we have to.

I could be wrong, its a while ago.  I think it scarred a lot of us, not least because we actually had a decent team.

Edited by Hertsscot

1 minute ago, bookerman said:

Looks like Tierney Pulled  out over a loading issue”, WTF if he not carrying  a injury and they agreed to let him go back to celtic just to rest that out of order. He dose not deserve  special treatment over the rest of them.

Considering we played 7 games under  Mcleish and he only turned out in 3 of them, How are we suppose to learn if we can even play half the systems if he dose not even play.

the bad management started when Mcliesh allowed players to miss the matches in peru and mexico - he set a dangerous precedent which allows people to take advantage of scotland and the manager

1 minute ago, Hertsscot said:

I could be wrong, its a while ago

Levein, Gough and McPherson started the match, but I can only see one full-back (McKimmie). To be honest I have no idea what formation it was. I don't remember Roxburgh ever playing a formation that wasn't 4 at the back.

One thing surprises me, though, I had no idea Carlos Queiros was the manager that day.