Why do we keep doing this? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Why do we keep doing this?

Jacques Hunt

5 hours ago, daviebee said:

Aye but...

how come the even more limited Israelis can look like a TEAM and play a system where they look like they've actually met one another before? And all that with presumably a language barrier between them and their Austrian coach?

Again I refer to my points re: Mcleish is not capable at this level..Strachan did very well with limited resources & players severely lacking in quality.

Unfortunately there are not many options of a Scot for Manager...I am dead against a non Scot Managing (should be illegal for a Manager to be of a foreign nation, in my humble but very patriotic opinion). The SFA should should beg beg & beg again Kenny to come in, give him the resources to build, make sure that Players in Scotland are properly cared for and nurtured. I'm not sure I can blame the SFA for players lacking bollocks but I'll give it some thought.

10 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Nope.  Signed up in 2014 ish. Not had others since years way before that like 2006

Big Ron talking to himself sitting in his sash adorned living room complete with King Billy on the mantlepiece. Sad.

12 hours ago, Chripper said:

The reasons are many:

The SPFL and the SFA aren't united, neither of them care one bit about infrastructure and facilities and youth development, which means that the amount of indoor facilities, etc, are at a shameful rate. All of the Scottish domestic clubs are self-serving and looking out for their best interest, with no hint of interest of unity and trying to make Scottish football strong.

For some weird reason we have 4 leagues and 42 clubs, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. In the Premiership one or two bad results and you're looking at the relegation area, which will ultimate force manager's hands into playing tried and tested players over youngsters. We should have 2 leagues; 1 of them with 18 and one with 12. And either amalgamate 12 clubs or relegate them into the amateur ranks.

And this is the tip of the iceberg.

You won't last long here, too much sense in one post. Been saying similar for years, Scottish football is piss poor and a shambles from top to bottom, we need to rip it up and start again.

23 hours ago, RobRoy69 said:

Again I refer to my points re: Mcleish is not capable at this level..Strachan did very well with limited resources & players severely lacking in quality.

Unfortunately there are not many options of a Scot for Manager...I am dead against a non Scot Managing (should be illegal for a Manager to be of a foreign nation, in my humble but very patriotic opinion). The SFA should should beg beg & beg again Kenny to come in, give him the resources to build, make sure that Players in Scotland are properly cared for and nurtured. I'm not sure I can blame the SFA for players lacking bollocks but I'll give it some thought.

Dalglish would be an awful appointment. 

and the limited resources argument under Strachan doesn't stand up. Strachan was awful for the first half of his tenure before his hand was forced into picking a team with largely the Celtic spine. His preference up till then was English Championship players who consistently had under-performed for the national team. We don't have great players but we have good enough players to gel into a unit that can easily qualify for tournaments - we need the right appointment. Vogt's, Burley, Levein, Strachan and now Mcleish are not the right appointments and the SFA consistently fail in this regard. 

24 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Dalglish would be an awful appointment. 

and the limited resources argument under Strachan doesn't stand up. Strachan was awful for the first half of his tenure before his hand was forced into picking a team with largely the Celtic spine. His preference up till then was English Championship players who consistently had under-performed for the national team. We don't have great players but we have good enough players to gel into a unit that can easily qualify for tournaments - we need the right appointment. Vogt's, Burley, Levein, Strachan and now Mcleish are not the right appointments and the SFA consistently fail in this regard. 

Yer fecking deluded Pal..If Strachan hasnae the creditials I'd be intrested to who think has.

17 minutes ago, RobRoy69 said:

Yer fecking deluded Pal..If Strachan hasnae the creditials I'd be intrested to who think has.

Anyone picked to be Scotland manager clearly has "credentials" or they wouldnt have got it in the first place

What he is probably referring to is their "traits" or "failings"

Strachan had plenty that had a negative impact on our results

24 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Anyone picked to be Scotland manager clearly has "credentials" or they wouldnt have got it in the first place

What he is probably referring to is their "traits" or "failings"

Strachan had plenty that had a negative impact on our results

Each to their own..For me the team was stable & progressing as well as could be expected with Strachan,  with the players available. Fecking Houdini wouldn't have got us to Russia. The media pressure changing Strach, balls, He had a plan it didnae work & he changed it. Anyways you guys dream on, another ten years another 10 Managers and the discussion will still be the same.

On 10/12/2018 at 3:47 PM, Jacques Hunt said:

Agree that we are but that is exactly what needs addressed. TBH not much better at home these days and worry that players fear playing at Hampden more than visiting team. Will be at game on Sunday and fear ugly atmosphere. Have felt in past that support just waiting to start negativity and booing and players sense this too. So if we are notoriously bad travellers and frightened at home, what’s the answer? Craven fucking Cottage? How can things have become so bad?

The team is not that bad at home. Yes poor results at home from time to time like Lithuania and can never seem to win a friendly game but look at last group, 7 points from the games v England, Slovakia and Slovenia which everyone would've been delighted with at start of campaign.

2014 group there were 4 points from Poland and ROI home games which should've been enough (when you think both away games were drawn aswell) but wasn't.

3 hours ago, RobRoy69 said:

Each to their own..For me the team was stable & progressing as well as could be expected with Strachan,  with the players available. Fecking Houdini wouldn't have got us to Russia. The media pressure changing Strach, balls, He had a plan it didnae work & he changed it. Anyways you guys dream on, another ten years another 10 Managers and the discussion will still be the same.

The team did not progress after we beat the ROI at Hampden