SFA cut yer losses - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SFA cut yer losses

daviebee

33 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

The ground map show it looking fairly full, however it's hard to tell if they've actually sold any tickets behind the goals - I'm guessing not. I'd be surprised if the crowd is greater than 30,000.

I'll be fukin amazed if it's anywhere near 30,000.

4 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

The ground map show it looking fairly full, however it's hard to tell if they've actually sold any tickets behind the goals - I'm guessing not. I'd be surprised if the crowd is greater than 30,000.

Struggle to get into 5 figures, more if Ronaldo was playing but not a great attraction to see a decent Portuguese team going through the motions. 

Guest MorayCupMan
22 minutes ago, stocky said:

23.500 sold so far i heard on Sportscene today..  

Heard that on radio earlier aswell but cannot see that number turning up tomorrow. With no Ronaldo and after the game on Thursday I would be looking at a crowd of 15k max.

3 hours ago, MorayCupMan said:

Heard that on radio earlier aswell but cannot see that number turning up tomorrow. With no Ronaldo and after the game on Thursday I would be looking at a crowd of 15k max.

Can’t see many folk forming out £30-£35 or whatever it was for a ticket and not turning up. 

If anyone was swithering over buying a ticket then Thursday would probably have helped them decide not to but why would you throw away £35 just because we lost? We lose all the time ffs. Thursday’s result was not a new thing for us. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Can’t see many folk forming out £30-£35 or whatever it was for a ticket and not turning up. 

If anyone was swithering over buying a ticket then Thursday would probably have helped them decide not to but why would you throw away £35 just because we lost? We lose all the time ffs. Thursday’s result was not a new thing for us. 

Our performance was

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Our performance was

It wasn’t any worse than Georgia away and not much worse than Lithuania at home. 

Apart from a couple of decent patches we have been absolute garbage for almost 20 years, particularly away from home. 

I really don’t know why people are surprised when we throw in an inept performance. We do it at least once in every campaign. 

7 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It wasn’t any worse than Georgia away and not much worse than Lithuania at home. 

Apart from a couple of decent patches we have been absolute garbage for almost 20 years, particularly away from home. 

I really don’t know why people are surprised when we throw in an inept performance. We do it at least once in every campaign. 

No surprise at all here.  The players are worse with every new tournament.

13 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Whilst these were very poor performances, Thursday was worse. Much much worse.

We've been poor plenty times before but I’ve never seen such a disjointed shambolic mess as I witnessed on Thursday.

In over 40 years of watching Scotland I honestly cannot remember anything as shambolic and embarrassing as that, and I include Peru and Iran 78 in that.

We cannot afford another effort like that in either of the next two games but I see little to assure me we won’t see one. In short, if we don’t win this group then the easiest route to a major tournament we have had for decades will be gone and we will be faced with the very real and sobering prospect of watching England v somebody else at Hampden in 2020.

McLeish clearly has no clue what he is doing (he couldn’t even keep tabs on who was on the pitch and who wasn’t ffs), should never have been appointed in the first place and should be sacked now before it is too late and while we still have a chance of topping this group and making the playoffs under somebody new.

And even if he does somehow manage to scrape us across the line into the playoff we will have no chance of actually winning it against the likes of Serbia with McLeish in charge.

If McLeish stays in his job beyond today then unless we get very fortunate indeed (and when do we ever) we will not be at Euro 2020 - that much is very obvious.

I would genuinely love to be proved wrong. But I won’t be.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

1 minute ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Whilst these were very poor performances, Thursday was worse. Much much worse.

We've been poor plenty times before but I’ve never seen such a disjointed shambolic mess as I witnessed on Thursday.

In over 40 years of watching Scotland I honestly cannot remember anything as shambolic and embarrassing as that, and I include Peru and Iran 78 in that.

We cannot afford another effort like that in either of the next two games but I see little to assure me we won’t see one. In short, if we don’t win this group then the easiest route to a major tournament we have had for decades will be gone and will be faced with the very real and sobering prospect if watching England v somebody else at Hampden in 2020.

McLeish clearly has no clue what he is doing (he couldn’t even keep tabs on who was on the pitch and who wasn’t ffs), should never have been appointed in the first place and should be sacked now before it is too late and while we still have a chance of topping this group and making the playoffs under somebody new.

If McLeish stays in his job beyond today then unless we get very fortunate indeed (and when do we ever) we will not be at Euro 2020 - that much is very obvious.

I would genuinely love to be proved wrong. But I won’t be.

It wasn’t much worse at all. 

It was much more recent so it seems worse. The latest terrible performance always seems to be the worst one. 

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It wasn’t much worse at all. 

It was much more recent so it seems worse. The latest terrible performance always seems to be the worst one. 

It really was. It was as dire as you could fear seeing.

A poor, even terrible, performance is one thing but Thursday was beyond that. It was a group of lads sent out with no shape, no credible plan and no clue what they were meant to be doing.  In addition to that, when it was obvious that whatever half-arsed attempt at a plan wasn’t working (after about 5 minutes) there was no attempt to change it, in fact he actually said he thought it was working ffs.

Thursday would've been embarrassing for a pub league side. For an international side it was excruciating and simply unacceptable.

I will repeat, Thursday was easily the worst performance most Scotland fans will EVER have seen .

8 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

It really was. It was as dire as you could fear seeing.

A poor, even terrible, performance is one thing but Thursday was beyond that. It was a group of lads sent out with no shape, no credible plan and no clue what they were meant to be doing.  In addition to that, when it was obvious that whatever half-arsed attempt at a plan wasn’t working (after about 5 minutes) there was no attempt to change it, in fact he actually said he thought it was working ffs.

Thursday would've been embarrassing for a pub league side. For an international side it was excruciating and simply unacceptable.

I will repeat, Thursday was easily the worst performance most Scotland fans will EVER have seen .

Reactive nonsense. 

It certainly was a terrible performance and also one of the worst I’ve seen but Georgia 2015 was just as bad if not worse. Strachan also failed to do anything to change that game. 

It’s worth bearing in mind that if we hadn’t have had a man sent off or scored a freakish own goal we may well have won that match or at least have got a draw. Not that we would have deserved it but we were in the game with 11 v 11 albeit the home side were better.

Nothing on earth would have got us a point in Tbilisi 3 years ago. 

30 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Have to agree Davey. Worst performance ever in my eyes too. Completely clueless from beginning to end. 

I am going to take a wild guess here and suggest that you might have been more sober for this one. Let that be a lesson to you.;)

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

Reactive nonsense. 

It certainly was a terrible performance and also one of the worst I’ve seen but Georgia 2015 was just as bad if not worse. Strachan also failed to do anything to change that game. 

It’s worth bearing in mind that if we hadn’t have had a man sent off or scored a freakish own goal we may well have won that match or at least have got a draw. Not that we would have deserved it but we were in the game with 11 v 11 albeit the home side were better.

Nothing on earth would have got us a point in Tbilisi 3 years ago. 

Georgia 2015 was nowhere near as bad. We actually started ok and played well enough for the first half hour or so, and there was at least some kind of discernible plan although ultimately we performed and executed it badly. But it wasn’t an all out shambles. The context of the game also made it more disappointing and obviously carried heavier consequences but the raw performance/shambles was nowhere near as bad as Thursday.

22 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Georgia 2015 was nowhere near as bad. We actually started ok and played well enough for the first half hour or so, and there was at least some kind of discernible plan although ultimately we performed and executed it badly. But it wasn’t an all out shambles. The context of the game also made it more disappointing and obviously carried heavier consequences but the raw performance/shambles was nowhere near as bad as Thursday.

What game were you watching in 2015?

We barely had a shot in goal until the 70th minute and had no shots on target at all. 

We were every bit as bad as we were on Thursday against arguably a weaker team. 

If you think we were OK at any stage in Tbilisi 3 years ago then you and I have a very different recollection of that match. 

1 hour ago, DaveyDenoon said:

The Peru game was close to as shambolic big difference was that we were on a run of games that made us look like world beaters then and the problems would be easily sorted out in time for the Iran Game.

The Iran game, like the Georgia game we were just crap.

Oh Thursday we combined shambolic and crap together and realistically should have lost 4 or 5 nil