SFA cut yer losses - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SFA cut yer losses

daviebee

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And i have nothing against berti personally. He is a genuine guy. Met him at tesco one day and couldnt have been more nice

:lol: 

Right, that one made me laugh! 

19 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I found this statement a little surprising. It was only 6 years ago that 7 of the 20 clubs in the English Premier League (arguably the best football league in the world) were managed by Scots (in fact possibly all Glaswegians?). So I think we're still able to produce good managers. Doesn't mean we shouldn't expand our horizons, but let's not make arbitrary statements about no-one from our country being good enough.

But this the problem, you're wallowing in the past which we are fucking brilliant at, six years is a long time in football, the games moved on, our managers have not.

The other thing to highlight is that whilst having seven managers in that league was impressive, let's not remember it as some sort of golden time for Scottish management and coaching because it certainly wasn't. McLeish and Dalglish won a league cup, certainly an achievement but none of them lasted and that's because they were all shit , Ferguson aside.

Our managers, like our players have not consistently operated at highest level of the game for years, if we can moan about the lack of talent our players have then by the same token our managers should be judged by the same principles. 

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

But this the problem, you're wallowing in the past which we are fucking brilliant at, six years is a long time in football, the games moved on, our managers have not.

The other thing to highlight is that whilst having seven managers in that league was impressive, let's not remember it as some sort of golden time for Scottish management and coaching because it certainly wasn't. McLeish and Dalglish won a league cup, certainly an achievement but none of them lasted and that's because they were all shit , Ferguson aside.

Our managers, like our players have not consistently operated at highest level of the game for years, if we can moan about the lack of talent our players have then by the same token our managers should be judged by the same principles. 

Pish. Dalglish was a very good manager. Ask newcastle or liverpool.

1 minute ago, Mox said:

I understand that point, but I for one do not moan about the lack of talent our players have because I truly believe we do have a bunch of talented players. Obviously not talented enough to take on the big teams, but easily talented enough to beat a large amount of teams and qualify for the Euros. I think we need to find the right person to get the best out of them, and I refuse to believe that football has changed so much in the last few years that suddenly there are no Scots who understand the game. There certainly seem to be a few on here... 

12 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I understand that point, but I for one do not moan about the lack of talent our players have because I truly believe we do have a bunch of talented players. Obviously not talented enough to take on the big teams, but easily talented enough to beat a large amount of teams and qualify for the Euros. I think we need to find the right person to get the best out of them, and I refuse to believe that football has changed so much in the last few years that suddenly there are no Scots who understand the game. There certainly seem to be a few on here... 

No offence taken!  Pub time. This site is making me more mental than big ramy at his bluterist. Where is he anyway? Maybe ormond has reported him 😕

Guest faircity
2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And i have nothing against berti personally. He is a genuine guy. Met him at tesco one day and couldnt have been more nice

Did ye, aye? 

Tartan Army are increasingly culpable in the farce that is the national team and SFA. A clean out from top to bottom and a complete rebuild of the SFA power-structure is overdue by at least 10 years. Until the last year or so, the fans just lap it up over and over and over again. But there's still nowhere near enough supporter anger at what is a national disgrace. Every new campaign, fans talk a good campaign but roll up to the turnstiles and hand over their hard earned cash.

There should be mass protests, walkouts and boycotts until those in charge across the SFA are ousted. They'll remain untouchable until fans get their shit together and organise co-ordinated, high-profile protests, denying the SFA of major revenue.

Parting company with Strachan was right, but appointing a has-been from the old boys network, who's done absolutely nothing in the game for five years, is partly the fault of fans who let the SFA shaft us year after year after year.

2 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Tartan Army are increasingly culpable in the farce that is the national team and SFA. A clean out from top to bottom and a complete rebuild of the SFA power-structure is overdue by at least 10 years. Until the last year or so, the fans just lap it up over and over and over again. But there's still nowhere near enough supporter anger at what is a national disgrace. Every new campaign, fans talk a good campaign but roll up to the turnstiles and hand over their hard earned cash.

There should be mass protests, walkouts and boycotts until those in charge across the SFA are ousted. They'll remain untouchable until fans get their shit together and organise co-ordinated, high-profile protests, denying the SFA of major revenue.

Parting company with Strachan was right, but appointing a has-been from the old boys network, who's done absolutely nothing in the game for five years, is partly the fault of fans who let the SFA shaft us year after year after year.

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE TELEVISED... on Sky Sports

11 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

This is spot on. We continue to condone the tripe that we are served up and we reap that.

1 hour ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Hitting the nail right on the head. 

Well said. 

Start by boycotting matches and the SSC. 

Edited by stewarty66

3 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Tremendous post

4 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

They've appointed the wrong manager, but there's a lot of evidence that the performance schools are working. The elite players around 18 and under are way better technically than before. Maybe this is just one final agony before things turn. 

I was at the match and witnessed the abuse the players and management received, quite correctly.  This is the beginning of a different attitude from the fans telling all concerned don't dare serve up this shite again. Don't dare play with no heart or effort. Boycott no, criticism yes. Happy clapping days are gone.

22 minutes ago, teecee- said:

I was at the match and witnessed the abuse the players and management received, quite correctly.  This is the beginning of a different attitude from the fans telling all concerned don't dare serve up this shite again. Don't dare play with no heart or effort. Boycott no, criticism yes. Happy clapping days are gone.

Fair play. I got sick of the do a deer dons clapping crowd years ago. But if u know the problems come up with a solution. Its a difficult one.  We are a small footballing nation now. Do we need to accept that? No. We need to keep trying. Time to get the rangers supporters back on side. And on that note i am away ☺

29 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Criticism is water off a duck's back to the SFA. 

Ticket prices have been an issue for a while now. 

Their response? 

£35 for a friendly. 

It's a gravy train for the blazers and their hangers on. 

McLeish as manager. The car crash nearly everyone said would be. An old boys handshake act after a very public and fruitless pursuit of Michael ONeill. 

The will they/won't they Hampden/Murrayfield debacle. 

The unbelievable outcomes of players appealing decisions to a panel. A panel that no one knows who is actually sitting on it. 

The inability to come out and publicly acknowledge that most of their top referees are not very good. 

Ian Maxwell. Another patsy. Done zilch since he took over bar pocket a big wage for sitting on his arse. 

The SFA are corrupt and incompetent to the core and have been taking the piss out of Scotland fans for years. We're a cash cow to them and nothing else. 

So you go on criticising. 

I'm boycotting. Hit them in their pockets. 

I'm no fan of McLeish, most certainly yesterday's man.

But some folk on here calling him a c*nt, bastard, fool, alkie etc need to get a grip.

As Auld Reekie puts it eloquently above - its the blazers that should be getting the ire of the fans before the manager/players. 

21 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

So, what crowd are we expecting for the European Champions?

Have a ticket (had to sell a kidney to afford it)  but I'm finding watching Countryfile instead quite attractive.

The ground map show it looking fairly full, however it's hard to tell if they've actually sold any tickets behind the goals - I'm guessing not. I'd be surprised if the crowd is greater than 30,000.