SFA cut yer losses - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SFA cut yer losses

daviebee

i am not one for going after the manager, i never have done even in the dark days of mcvogts however to me this nations legue is a chance to build a team good enough to qualify for the euros, personally i dont think that mcleish has that in him, i have never been so embarrassed as i was with that game in isreal, it was dire and mcliesh should step aside 

25 minutes ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Did he really say to the media he admires leigh Griffiths for pulling out the squad..

Good grief...

Aye, heard him saying that in his post-match press conference. Couldnae quite believe that myself. 

8 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Ridiculous statement.

Of course we were in the game at that point. Israel were the better team certainly but we were in the game. 

Dunno what game you were watching, but we were never in it, very lucky to get 1 and only concede 2. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Dunno what game you were watching, but we were never in it, very lucky to get 1 and only concede 2. 

Same game as you. If you are 0-1 up at half time you are in the game.

The better team on the night won and we can have no complaints about the result but we weren’t exactly under siege until the second half when Israel could have easily scored 4 or 5. 

13 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

This why we have to do something. Didn't think  things could get any worse but Engerlund beating Spain 2-0 despite being outplayed and their fans chanting "are you Scotland in disguise?"

I woke up to another defeat but I will get over it.

England fans woke up to being a bunch of despicable thugs. I dont give a fuck what they sing, IMO they are a bigger embarrassment to their country.   

And dont think I am being complacent about the defeat, I spent a fortune travelling there to watch that game and are as frustrated as the rest of you.  

The fact that the last 3 homes games (2 glamour friendlies and a competitive match) have failed to attract 20,000 fans gives an indication of the current state of play. Same old story and at 34, even with additional places, I'm now wondering if I'll ever see Scotland at a tournament again.   

The next month will be some ride