SFA cut yer losses - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SFA cut yer losses

daviebee

2 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

This is a former Scotland player that's won trophies against Martin O'Neill' s Celtic , managed in PL and had the team win one of the best games ever in France.  He should be good enough and know what it takes.

I can't get my head round that performance yesterday.  The players don't seem to back the tactics.  I think the players ate more to blame than the manager though.  Woeful performance from players that should be more than capable of beating Israel...or at least passing the ball to each other.

False rumours about a man having a drink problem should be knocked on the head by the way.  That's poor.

They’re not false.

6 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

This is a former Scotland player that's won trophies against Martin O'Neill' s Celtic , managed in PL and had the team win one of the best games ever in France.  He should be good enough and know what it takes.

I can't get my head round that performance yesterday.  The players don't seem to back the tactics.  I think the players ate more to blame than the manager though.  Woeful performance from players that should be more than capable of beating Israel...or at least passing the ball to each other.

False rumours about a man having a drink problem should be knocked on the head by the way.  That's poor.

First sensible post. Throwing accusations on this board though are par for the course. Mcliesh loves his country and he will be more disappointed than any of us. But..  ... oh aye he managed rangers. So put the boot in.

51 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

First sensible post. Throwing accusations on this board though are par for the course. Mcliesh loves his country and he will be more disappointed than any of us. But..  ... oh aye he managed rangers. So put the boot in.

Aye loves it that much he jumped ship at the first chance to leave for a non entity in England.

The clown should have never have been allowed near Hampden again.

At least you've got a couple of things in common with him.

Couldn't believe what I was watching last night. It was so bad I genuinely thought it wasn't real at one point in the second half. I wasn't really for or against mcleish being appointed thinking he'll do a good job. I now read this morning he's pretty much going senile and allegedly an alkay. If the latter is true as well how on earth do we keep doing this to ourselves and picking someone thats just not up to it. Mental fkin mental

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye loves it that much he jumped ship at the first chance to leave for a non entity in England.

The clown should have never have been allowed near Hampden again.

At least you've got a couple of things in common with him.

I have been called a clown and a deranged muppet in the space of an hour. I must be doing something right! Whatba nicht out wi you and parklife would be. I would be feart to touch a drop in case i was accused of being a drunk and may start enjoying maself.

Is there any proof that he is an alkay though ? - for all we know he could be ill or be in the early stages of something more serious

Either way he needs to go, it will be very bad for his health, players need a boot in the baws as well though !!

30 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I’m not going to have a go at McLeish’s character. He seems like a decent and likeable guy, he was a great player, and certainly was a good manager at one time. I do think the signs are all wrong though and I would appoint Steve Clarke immediately.

I honestly don't think Clarke would take it having heard his thoughts on those running the SFA!

47 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I’m not going to have a go at McLeish’s character. He seems like a decent and likeable guy, he was a great player, and certainly was a good manager at one time. I do think the signs are all wrong though and I would appoint Steve Clarke immediately.

Clarke at the moment is probably the best Scottish manager in work but we don't need a Scottish manager. We need a foreigner with absolutely no idea about the Scottish game, no idea about the players and who is willing to implement a whole new set up from the training pitch to game day, it's the only way forward and has been required for a number of years. 

6 minutes ago, Mox said:

Clarke at the moment is probably the best Scottish manager in work but we don't need a Scottish manager. We need a foreigner with absolutely no idea about the Scottish game, no idea about the players and who is willing to implement a whole new set up from the training pitch to game day, it's the only way forward and has been required for a number of years. 

Aye. Like berti vogts did. I would have put him on a rowing boat from the faroe islands myself if i could have reached the pitch. Problem with your argument is the problem. Every other country knows better. Fuck that.

1 minute ago, PapofGlencoe said:

i don't see what difference the nationality makes to be honest.  think it's a red herring.

All they'd do is take a while to get to know the players.  I'd rather my manager knew my pool inside out from the get go.

We differ ma pal. I know i will get shot down in flames. Nothing new there. But bring back aĺly mcleod. Scottish to the core and game me my best memories. Wembly 77. Sorry but the glenlivet is kicking in so dont take offence.

16 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

16 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

i don't see what difference the nationality makes to be honest.  think it's a red herring.

All they'd do is take a while to get to know the players.  I'd rather my manager knew my pool inside out from the get go.

I honestly find this reasoning so baffling . What you're advocating is doing the same thing that we've done again and again and expecting a different result, it's bordering on insanity.

The simple fact is that Scottish managers are not very good at managing football teams, foreigners are better than it than we are. We have to stop being so insular, it's done nothing for us and yet there are people who would rather stick to the broken formula than take a chance on an 'outsider' for want of a better twrm, it's embarrassing and it's pathetic.

1 minute ago, Mox said:

I honestly find this reasoning so baffling . What you're advocating is doing the same thing that we've done again and again and expecting a different result, it's bordering on insanity.

The simple fact is that Scottish managers are not very good at managing football teams, foreigners are better than it than we are. We have to stop being so insular, it's done nothing for us and yet there are people who would rather stick to the broken formula than take a chance on an 'outsider' for want of a better twrm, it's embarrassing and it's pathetic.

i speak three different languages and i'm far from insular.

no nationality is better or worse at managing football teams.  It's got heehaw to do with where they're born.  If you did want to do a list of achievements, which in my view is pointless, you'd find Scots are right up there.  every person is different.  

I'd rather they knew the pool of players.  whether that's a Jamaican or not i don't care.  on the same note, going foreign as if that in itself fixes things I don't understand.  It's as relevant as whether they have black or blonde hair. 

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

My view of the current manager has nothing to do with his Rangers past He should of never been offered the job in the first place. I love my country but for you to say he would be more disappointed than the people who spent thousands of their hard earned cash to travel to Israel is bull shit.

5 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

i speak three different languages and i'm far from insular.

no nationality is better or worse at managing football teams.  It's got heehaw to do with where they're born.  If you did want to do a list of achievements, which in my view is pointless, you'd find Scots are right up there.  every person is different.  

I'd rather they knew the pool of players.  whether that's a Jamaican or not i don't care.  on the same note, going foreign as if that in itself fixes things I don't understand.  It's as relevant as whether they have black or blonde hair. 

I mean, where do you even begin with that? There has been a lot of rubbish written on this board over the years but that one sentence could be the daftest thing I've ever read. If you honestly believe that, then there's no hope for you.

46 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye. Like berti vogts did. I would have put him on a rowing boat from the faroe islands myself if i could have reached the pitch. Problem with your argument is the problem. Every other country knows better. Fuck that.

You meant the last guy to get us anywhere near a major tournament?

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

I mean, where do you even begin with that? There has been a lot of rubbish written on this board over the years but that one sentence could be the daftest thing I've ever read. If you honestly believe that, then there's no hope for you.

Hope you're not involved in HR.  

44 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

My view of the current manager has nothing to do with his Rangers past He should of never been offered the job in the first place. I love my country but for you to say he would be more disappointed than the people who spent thousands of their hard earned cash to travel to Israel is bull shit.

I have spent thousands following scotland. U trying to say mcleish is as disappointed as ther rest of us is well. Bullshit. He played and managed his country. Just because he douesnt go and sing do a deer makes him a lesser scotsman than u?

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I found this statement a little surprising. It was only 6 years ago that 7 of the 20 clubs in the English Premier League (arguably the best football league in the world) were managed by Scots (in fact possibly all Glaswegians?). So I think we're still able to produce good managers. Doesn't mean we shouldn't expand our horizons, but let's not make arbitrary statements about no-one from our country being good enough.

3 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I found this statement a little surprising. It was only 6 years ago that 7 of the 20 clubs in the English Premier League (arguably the best football league in the world) were managed by Scots (in fact possibly all Glaswegians?). So I think we're still able to produce good managers. Doesn't mean we shouldn't expand our horizons, but let's not make arbitrary statements about no-one from our country being good enough.

Correct. The reason why we think we are not good enough to run our own country. Mental.