SFA cut yer losses - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SFA cut yer losses

daviebee

i agree that he should have been held accountable, but I also said I feared at that time whoever comes in will be starting again and worse.  We might scrape to top this group still, but come the regular campaign we will get pumped so assuming we have the play off spot - and that is no by any means looking likely at this point - but whoever came in would have that opportunity and the job is a bit more attractive.  

If we dont make the play off in this UEFA Nations league then get rid of McLiesh, if we make the play offs and come next summer we are not meeting expectations then I am for the same.

This squad on paper is the best for a while, the issue is McLeish seems tactically nieve and did not settle on a formation until two games ago and we are all aware, it is not working.  

Alex “Georgia” walk away Mcleish.  Walk away again you useless piece of football drivel.  As embarrassing as it gets because of the usual passive tactics that encourages the opposition with every minute that goes by.   And you even managed to smile during that second half.  You don’t care – GO.

Not just the result but must be the most turgid style of football ever and I include 4-6-0 Craigy in that. No inventiveness just anti football hope for  a break and a win ( e.g Albania.)

The real benefits of the Nations League are becoming clear, it will give the Grim Reaper time to piss almost everybody off and the FA will have to act. As somebody says above SFA usually wait until qualification has gone, this time only the first shot of it has gone. Come on Maxy, do your job.

Who to succeed the GR? 1) Give Steve Clarke and offer he cant refuse, not sure he would take it then but team playing good football and giving youngsters a chance. 2) Do an England and appoint Scott Gemmill. Under 21s obviously enjoy playing for him and he is getting results. If we happen to beat Ukraine and England this break then the momentum might become irreversible. Worked last time we did it, Andy Roxburgh. 1990 WC ( in a group with France and Yugoslavia 🙂 ) and 1992 EC and by association Craig Brown ( 1996 EC and 1998 WC )

McLeish was a terrible appointment.

The players aren't behind him. Neither are the fans. His tactics are awful and we've gone backwards very quickly since he came back.

Albania were dreadful and some of our fans were taken in by our win last month. I'm not sure we will win this group now. 

20 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

yes, Ive just seen that.

Moaning about losing centre halves and then saying he was going to take an uninjured one off.... to be replaced by who exactly? McBurnie? Couldn't make this stuff up.

It is reported that McLeish said he was about to take Souttar off, just before his sending off, and was about to replace him with McKenna.

McKenna was already on the pitch...

25 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

It is reported that McLeish said he was about to take Souttar off, just before his sending off, and was about to replace him with McKenna.

Special brew available in Israel is it?

Guest MorayCupMan
50 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Heard that on radio scotland last night, the post match interview was a difficult listen.

I am not into this culture of getting rid of managers early on in there reign but this really is a worrying period as I was quite optimistic about the team we have.

Edited by MorayCupMan

16 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Posted this before. Current managers that are available.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

link completely irrelevant as most of those managers wont be interested & we couldnt afford 

Do you have a bargain bucket list available maybe something that includes a Jimmy Calderwood or Howard Wilkinson 

5 minutes ago, borojock said:

link completely irrelevant as most of those managers wont be interested & we couldnt afford 

Do you have a bargain bucket list available maybe something that includes a Jimmy Calderwood or Howard Wilkinson 

Maybe irrelevant, get your point about wages but shows there is some availability of managers than the usual SFA suspects.

Doesn't matter they won't change manager any way.

Edited by Lairdyfaeinverclyde

This is a former Scotland player that's won trophies against Martin O'Neill' s Celtic , managed in PL and had the team win one of the best games ever in France.  He should be good enough and know what it takes.

I can't get my head round that performance yesterday.  The players don't seem to back the tactics.  I think the players ate more to blame than the manager though.  Woeful performance from players that should be more than capable of beating Israel...or at least passing the ball to each other.

False rumours about a man having a drink problem should be knocked on the head by the way.  That's poor.

Edited by PapofGlencoe