Israel Match Thread (11/10/2018) - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel Match Thread (11/10/2018)

Clyde1998

Eck wrong choice, agree. Strachan, widnae have him back. Yes stuff improved later on, but only because he started picking the players he should have done long before.

Who should we have instead? Can't think of anyone Scottish who would actually come that would be worth having. How about the Austrian guy managing Israel?

On paper these players should be doing much better than they are.

As it is, I'm looking at my Portugal ticket and thinking, ach, maybe there's a new Pointless Celebrities on BBC1 that night...

45 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Not often I agree with You but I think you’re 100% right. 

I'm as shocked as you are. 😀 

Totally agree with your comment on the McGregors. 

Also should have said earlier that the management team have to shoulder some of the blame for not changing things earlier. The formation wasn't working, whether due to shite player performances or not, and needed changed. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

He didn’t blame Forrest for the defeat, he said he was pure push which is an accurate statement for the James Forrest that turns up for Scotland.

You’ve got some cheek calling him a clown when you didn’t even read his post properly

as for your digs at O’Donnell and McLeish picking hearts and killie players - you really need to stfu because your making a complete twat of yourself.naismith  Souttar and O’Donnell did very well in the match against Albania so they deserved a start last night but the performance they put in wasn’t good enough last night, that doesn’t mean they should be binned, especially souttar and O’Donnell. If we start binning young players after one poor performance your lovechild would have sent to the fucking moon by now.

clown indeed 🤡

Bang on.

Nobody played well last night except both McGregors.

SOD, Souttar et al were poor, SOD easily had his worst night in a Scotland shirt but he's playing a position he doesn't play at club level, same at Tierney. That's not their fault, it's the managers.

PASTA making a cunt of himself on here is no surprise, he does it repeatedly.

As you say, he bangs on about Forrest time and time again but he's not scored a goal in 23 games and his assists for Scotland are rank rotten too. So if we were binning folk after a poor performance he'd have been binned years ago.

That said, Forrest looked decent when he came on but his final ball as usual was rotten.

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Bang on.

Nobody played well last night except both McGregors.

SOD, Souttar et al were poor, SOD easily had his worst night in a Scotland shirt but he's playing a position he doesn't play at club level, same at Tierney. That's not their fault, it's the managers.

PASTA making a cunt of himself on here is no surprise, he does it repeatedly.

As you say, he bangs on about Forrest time and time again but he's not scored a goal in 23 games and his assists for Scotland are rank rotten too. So if we were binning folk after a poor performance he'd have been binned years ago.

That said, Forrest looked decent when he came on but his final ball as usual was rotten.

Forrest is a great wee club player and i like him. But international he doeant do it. A shame because he is a great guy.

2 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Problem is Israel were supposedly a much much worse team than Albania. They were absolutely terrible against Northern Ireland

They were possibly the worst international side I’ve seen at Windsor Park in a long long time. We could have beat them 10 a month ago and it wouldn’t have flattered us. 

2 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I've no idea why O'Donnell is getting a particular going over and McGinn and McDonald are getting let off.  To me it's those two that lost the battle that's costs us.

Those two were inept and didn't give the defence a break all game.  McGinn scruff of the kneck..😐  looked like a wee boy.  McDonald was hopeless.  Neither of them had the balls to come and take the ball and give the team a grounding in the game.

Armstrong must start the next game.  and a defensive mid desparately needed. Would take shinnie now.

Armstrong cannot even make the bench for his club; you would be holding a hostage to fortune there.

2 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I've no idea why O'Donnell is getting a particular going over and McGinn and McDonald are getting let off.  To me it's those two that lost the battle that's costs us.

Those two were inept and didn't give the defence a break all game.  McGinn scruff of the kneck..😐  looked like a wee boy.  McDonald was hopeless.  Neither of them had the balls to come and take the ball and give the team a grounding in the game.

Armstrong must start the next game.  and a defensive mid desparately needed. Would take shinnie now.

Id' agree that McGinn and McDonald got bullied all night. They were extremely poor.

SOD had a poor game, easily his worst for us but we had a team full of failures last night and players who have a lot more experience than SOD/Souttar at a lot higher level were found wanting last night. I don't see anyone demanding McGinn never get capped again. He did his usual of passing the ball to the opposition in a dangerous area and nearly costing us again too.

Re the playing out of position: McLeish admitted he's trying to model us on England who successfully deployed a 3-5-2 at the WC. Both Kyle Walker and Danny Rose were full backs not wing backs at their clubs. Walker just had to move one place inside to CB just like Tierney, while Rose is not that great defensively yet it seemed to work for them. And Trippier, a right back for his club, became a wing-back. Why is it so hard for our 2 supposedly world class players to do that?

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Id' agree that McGinn and McDonald got bullied all night. They were extremely poor.

SOD had a poor game, easily his worst for us but we had a team full of failures last night and players who have a lot more experience than SOD/Souttar at a lot higher level were found wanting last night. I don't see anyone demanding McGinn never get capped again. He did his usual of passing the ball to the opposition in a dangerous area and nearly costing us again too.

This is baffling. To listen to the Villa fans they think they've got a world class player. Can't believe he'd never got caught in possession playing for them.

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Re the playing out of position: McLeish admitted he's trying to model us on England who successfully deployed a 3-5-2 at the WC. 

By being brilliant at set pieces and solid defensively. We're absolutely fucking shite at both of these facets of the game. I couldn't think of a much worse team to attempt to "model" ourselves on.

McLeish is just a dinosaur who thinks the footballing world begins and ends in the British Isles. Honestly, get him to fuck. 

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

This is baffling. To listen to the Villa fans they think they've got a world class player. Can't believe he'd never got caught in possession playing for them.

Can only go by what we see in a Scotland shirt and i'm not impressed.  I want to like him but he's not doing it.  He's a man down.

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

McDonald is never an international player. 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

By being brilliant at set pieces and solid defensively. We're absolutely fucking shite at both of these facets of the game. I couldn't think of a much worse team to attempt to "model" ourselves on.

McLeish is just a dinosaur who thinks the footballing world begins and ends in the British Isles. Honestly, get him to fuck. 

Has he no managed Genk and in Egypt?  haha.

Where is the dinosaur stuff coming from?  

we don't need a foreign manager or a young manager.  we need a good manager.  

23 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Armstrong cannot even make the bench for his club; you would be holding a hostage to fortune there.

i don't care he's still better than the midfielders playing at the moment.

Does that McDonald actually play in the premier league?  i genuinely don't know, wiki says he's played two games.

Just now, PapofGlencoe said:

i don't care he's still better than the midfielders playing at the moment.

Does that McDonald actually play in the premier league?  i genuinely don't know, wiki says he's played two games.

He generally starts for Fulham but I don't think he plays defensive mid. Think that role should go to McTominay, even if he is not first choice at ManU. Also Ryan Jack needs to come back as a contender for there.

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

He generally starts for Fulham but I don't think he plays defensive mid. Think that role should go to McTominay, even if he is not first choice at ManU. Also Ryan Jack needs to come back as a contender for there.

Dont mention ryan jack on here. He is the antichrist anywhere north of the tay.

Some amount of moaning on here considering we are sitting top of the group.;)

Stopping Israel scoring a 3rd goal last night was very important. Thank you Allan McGregor. Nobody else was helping you out much.

The way the fixtures have landed is an advantage to us. We will know exactly what we need to do in our last two games to win the group. Even now we can be fairly confident that a draw in Albania and a win against Israel at Hampden will probably be enough. A one goal defeat in Albania and a win at Hampden might do it. There is a good chance Israel will be sitting top of the table on Sunday night.

In any case by the time we kick off against Israel. We will know exactly what we need to do and how many goals we will need to score. Whether we have got the players capable of doing it is a different matter.

The group is fairly straight forward now. If any team can win two games in a row they will win the group. Can anybody think of any reason why that can't be us? Answers on a postcard please.

Just now, Orraloon said:

Stopping Israel scoring a 3rd goal last night was very important. Thank you Allan McGregor. Nobody else was helping you out much.

The way the fixtures have landed is an advantage to us. We will know exactly what we need to do in our last two games to win the group. Even now we can be fairly confident that a draw in Albania and a win against Israel at Hampden will probably be enough. A one goal defeat in Albania and a win at Hampden might do it. There is a good chance Israel will be sitting top of the table on Sunday night.

In any case by the time we kick off against Israel. We will know exactly what we need to do and how many goals we will need to score. Whether we have got the players capable of doing it is a different matter.

The group is fairly straight forward now. If any team can win two games in a row they will win the group. Can anybody think of any reason why that can't be us? Answers on a postcard please.

Right now can't see us getting anything other than a substantial defeat in Albania - they are a better side than Israel.

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

He does play defensive midfield for Fulham.

I thought he had his best game for us last night.  It was on the wings where we were getting murdered.

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

its' like reading myself post two years ago😂 more power to you but im not there anymore.  

it was just too abject.

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Right now can't see us getting anything other than a substantial defeat in Albania - they are a better side than Israel.

Get Walter back. Park the bus.:lol:

I've only seen each team play once but, to me, Israel looked like a better team than Albania. We'll have a better idea after Sunday. I think that could be a draw. Which would tend to indicate that all three of us are pretty similar in standard. Which was after all the whole idea of the Nations League in the first place. It gives teams a chance to play other teams of similar standard.

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Don’t think a draw would be a terrible thing in Albania as I believe we will beat Israel at Hampden after last night though a draw seems like light years away, I have been to many defeats following Scotland away but I’ve never felt like I did last night coming out, I could have cried if it wasn’t for the fact that other people would have seen me, to look up n see that bastard mcliesh smiling face on the screen when we were pish all night was beyond comprehension, is he trying to bring us to our knees that’s the only reason he would be smiling because from where I was sitting there was fuck all to smile about