Israel Match Thread (11/10/2018) - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel Match Thread (11/10/2018)

Clyde1998

Worst performance since the Burley era. We get 40-50% out of Tierney and Robertson in this system, would be better choosing one or the other to get 100% out of them. Would allow us a shape to play our more naturally attacking players like Forrest (and when he comes back) Fraser etc, need to scrap the 5-3-2 or disaster is pending.

8 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

You can't possibly blame Forrest for that defeat. :lol:

Clown 🤡

He didn’t blame Forrest for the defeat, he said he was pure push which is an accurate statement for the James Forrest that turns up for Scotland.

You’ve got some cheek calling him a clown when you didn’t even read his post properly

as for your digs at O’Donnell and McLeish picking hearts and killie players - you really need to stfu because your making a complete twat of yourself.naismith  Souttar and O’Donnell did very well in the match against Albania so they deserved a start last night but the performance they put in wasn’t good enough last night, that doesn’t mean they should be binned, especially souttar and O’Donnell. If we start binning young players after one poor performance your lovechild would have sent to the fucking moon by now.

clown indeed 🤡

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

He didn’t blame Forrest for the defeat, he said he was pure push which is an accurate statement for the James Forrest that turns up for Scotland.

You’ve got some cheek calling him a clown when you didn’t even read his post properly

as for your digs at O’Donnell and McLeish picking hearts and killie players - you really need to stfu because your making a complete twat of yourself.naismith  Souttar and O’Donnell did very well in the match against Albania so they deserved a start last night but the performance they put in wasn’t good enough last night, that doesn’t mean they should be binned, especially souttar and O’Donnell. If we start binning young players after one poor performance your lovechild would have sent to the fucking moon by now.

clown indeed 🤡

I know you find all this difficult and you don't really seem to have much of a clue about football but I'll make it easy for you...

ALBANIA WERE TERRIBLE.

Israel were pretty awful too but our clueless manager and his rubbish team selection have cost us a match we should be winning. 

Edited by PASTA Mick

Been to loads of oor games over decades and in terms of performance, I think this is the worst since Centenary game v England. Didnae even go yesterday but watched stream on tv. Had to resort to foreign language stream in second half. Listening to radio Scotland, watching what I assume was Israeli tv with sound aff and desperately hoping we can cling on for a draw against a very lowly ranked team in a competition designed for teams like us in order to give us best ever chance of qualification in decades. Then finding out we have a staff of managers barely capable of getting us to venue in reasonable time. Then I think about travelling Russell has done and is doing to play. We have some decent players judged on club form so inevitable conclusion is poor management. This is my lowest point in 46 years watching us and cannot imagine how folks that went to Haifa feel.

7 hours ago, henry george said:

Let's remember that the starting eleven was the same as the one against Albania and we played them off the park in the first half.  Tonight, however, showed that a team that goes head to head in formation, with genuine wing backs, will show the weakness in playing players out of position - their wing backs caused us problems all night and ours caused them none.  Back to 4-2-3-1 for me.

Only pass marks tonight were;

McGregor (A) - could have been a gubbing without him.

McDonald - I've never rated him but thought he did well tonight.

McGinn - almost expect him to make at least one the suicidal pass (which he did) but otherwise our driving force throughout the match.

Add Colin McGregor to this and 100% right. Did Ok and seemed to want to take the game to them in second half.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Problem is Israel were supposedly a much much worse team than Albania. They were absolutely terrible against Northern Ireland

I know. We should be beating them.

The manager isn't up to the job. His team selection and tactics are awful and we are going backwards fast under him. 

The SFA need to do something before the matches next month. They won't but this is just about the worst we've been since Burley. 

The signs are all there -

- Picking bizzare teams

- Falling out with players

- Fans not turning up to matches

And i‘ll Tell you something else that utterly sickens me. Admittedly I live in ingerland so that is my own fault. However, we barely get a  mention on tv and radio down here in lead up to a match like this. We get beat by Israel and all the smug pussed commentators gleefully announce our defeat and show the goals; Schadenfreude oozing from very pore. Cunts. 

I've no idea why O'Donnell is getting a particular going over and McGinn and McDonald are getting let off.  To me it's those two that lost the battle that's costs us.

Those two were inept and didn't give the defence a break all game.  McGinn scruff of the kneck..😐  looked like a wee boy.  McDonald was hopeless.  Neither of them had the balls to come and take the ball and give the team a grounding in the game.

Armstrong must start the next game.  and a defensive mid desparately needed. Would take shinnie now.

18 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

The manager isn't up to the job. His team selection and tactics are awful and we are going backwards fast under him. 

The SFA need to do something before the matches next month. They won't but this is just about the worst we've been since Burley. 

- Picking bizzare teams

This and very much this 

Formation doesnt work and hopefully he's learnt this we dont actually get the real Robertson or Tierney when playing this we get a very much waterered down version of this Need to play back 4 - personally id play Tierney at right back 

Falling out with players we dont have a big enough or good enough squad to do this - hopefully hes back on the phone to Griff 

30 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I know you find all this difficult and you don't really seem to have much of a clue about football but I'll make it easy for you...

ALBANIA WERE TERRIBLE.

Israel were pretty awful too but our clueless manager and his rubbish team selection have cost us a match we should be winning. 

Are you honestly this dense? I didn’t say Albania were good, in fact after the match, I’m sure  I said on here they were poor but that has absolutely fuck all to do with pointing out your blatant ignorance and inability to read. 

The old you don’t have a clue about football argument when you’ve got fuck all else to add.  If any of us had a genuine clue about football we sure as hell wouldn’t be posting about it on here. 

You’re starting to rival rolling hills in the ignorance league, keep going because I’m sure you can are top spot soon enough.

25 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

- Picking bizzare teams

Which players did he fall out with? There isn’t no way you can lay the blame for the Griffiths situation at McLeishs door so who else’s is there? 

Youve also stated the players don’t want to play for him, where your evidence of this?

fans haven’t been turning up for ages, that’s nothing to do with Mcliesh. 

Pcking bizarre teams - that’s an opinion, nothing else. Who would you replace and what would you do? Let’s hear since you claim to have a clue about football. Please educate us

mcliesh wasn’t the choice I wanted, the SFA screwed that up by holding out for one candidate, offering him a shite deal and the him turning us down. Fair enough if you don’t like the manager but stop making shit up to suit your argument

25 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I've no idea why O'Donnell is getting a particular going over and McGinn and McDonald are getting let off.  To me it's those two that lost the battle that's costs us.

Those two were inept and didn't give the defence a break all game.  McGinn scruff of the kneck..😐  looked like a wee boy.  McDonald was hopeless.  Neither of them had the balls to come and take the ball and give the team a grounding in the game.

Armstrong must start the next game.  and a defensive mid desparately needed. Would take shinnie now.

This. McGinn and the rest of the midfield were anonymous. None of them did anything worthwhile for 90 minutes. 

If they had turned up we would maybe have managed a couple of passes to each other. 

And for those getting stuck into ODonnell, have a look at Robertson and Tierney, our world beaters. They were every bit as bad. 

29 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Other than the McGregors there’s nobody who should be let off the hook. Tierneys defending for the first was honking, Robertson was ineffective, most of the team was posted missing.

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

This. McGinn and the rest of the midfield were anonymous. None of them did anything worthwhile for 90 minutes. 

If they had turned up we would maybe have managed a couple of passes to each other. 

And for those getting stuck into ODonnell, have a look at Robertson and Tierney, our world beaters. They were every bit as bad. 

Not often I agree with You but I think you’re 100% right. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

clown indeed 🤡

Good post.

Fans not turning up has nothing to do with him? It has everything to do with him! The whole organisation is a joke, just look at the latest absurd balls up re HOF....just the latest in a long line of shambolic bullocks these cunts oversee.

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Are you honestly this dense? I didn’t say Albania were good, in fact after the match, I’m sure  I said on here they were poor but that has absolutely fuck all to do with pointing out your blatant ignorance and inability to read. 

The old you don’t have a clue about football argument when you’ve got fuck all else to add.  If any of us had a genuine clue about football we sure as hell wouldn’t be posting about it on here. 

You’re starting to rival rolling hills in the ignorance league, keep going because I’m sure you can are top spot soon enough.

I will take that as a condoment. I mean compliment. Fuck sake i wish i wasnt so ignorant. Am i at the top of yon league of yours? Where is big ramy when i need him.

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The comment about knowing nothing about football was out of order and I'm sorry.

Edited by PASTA Mick

7 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

On the plus side we’re top on GD. Overall progress has been made. 

We can still win the group

Albania never turned up due to sheet rain in Glasgow and we never turned up due to a slightly balmy midnight game in Haifa

Though I can't see that team competing at play off level, even nations league group c play off level