Israel Match Thread (11/10/2018) - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel Match Thread (11/10/2018)

Clyde1998

4 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

It's my Birthday today. Bad enough being 52 but watching this takes the biscuit. Might as well finish my night off watching Question time.

It's my grandsons 7 birthday today and I'm just looking at a large slice of his birthday cake and mug of coffee so tonight's not been a complete write off !!

Seen this year after year. A decent performance then we go away from home IN A GAME THAT REALLY MATTERS and nobody turns up. Chronically, typical of Scotland. Then I hear on radio that they only arrived in Israel last night! Not a decent excuse but needs sorted as it has happened before. Do they go on the piss or something? This has happened many times before but I believe that was the worst I have seen. Did not go thank f&&k but streamed on tv. Really sick of this and cannot imagine what Eck will say. Aside from Shagger, none of them looked like professional players.

That was brutal, played off the park by a poor team that we made look like Brasil! 

Said it earlier but I'm still astonished he decided to keep the set up we had in the first half whilst we were sneaking a 1-0 win, away from home, whilst getting played off the park. 24 chances this poor team, that hadn't won a game forever,  had against us, it was the set up that allowed that, fair enough if you set up wrong initially, providing you change things quickly but no he keeps us set up with a shape that was seeing us getting steamrolled  and only a matter of time before the opp scored, bewildering!

Guest MorayCupMan
3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Forrest is pure pish, but us non Celtic fans knew that already.

The whole team with the exception of alan McGregor were poor..canna single out forrest..

5 minutes ago, exile said:

Were Scotland properly prepared for this match?

Seems to me the Tartan Army were more prepared for it.

Said on the radio we flew out last night, 5 hours on a plane then a 2 hour bus journey. Certainly not great preparation for such an important game.

10 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

What a disgrace, from the get go we looked out of gas. At half time changes should have been made, feel bad for Tierney for in fairness they deserved the win. Mcgregor kept us in it. We have no leaders, on the commentary here with 15 mins to go said Mcgregor has no other choice but to boot it up the park - well that's all he did all night.

Who was captain?

May as well spread the blame around, eh?

Just now, exile said:

Who was captain?

May as well spread the blame around, eh?

Not sure the point you are making, Robertson was dire and so was everyone else.  In decades gone by we would have had 4 or 5 strong personalities on the park.  

1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

Said on the radio we flew out last night, 5 hours on a plane then a 2 hour bus journey. Certainly not great preparation for such an important game.

Is that normal, for a game like this, to fly out so late?

I am half serious, in saying the TA were more prepared, people have been planning buses for months!

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Didn't we do something similar in Macedonia a few years back when we lost out there? Surely they could've flown out sooner?

1 minute ago, romanticscot said:

Not sure the point you are making, Robertson was dire and so was everyone else.  In decades gone by we would have had 4 or 5 strong personalities on the park.  

Well, everyone is blaming someone. I was wondering if the captain was also part of the problem.