Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DoonTheSlope

FAO The Boycott Israel Brigade

Recommended Posts

Yous don’t know what you’s are missing

I’ve only been here a few hours but so far from what I’ve seen Tel Aviv is a beautiful city with beautiful scenery and just as beautiful women and really friendly people 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Yous don’t know what you’s are missing

I’ve only been here a few hours but so far from what I’ve seen Tel Aviv is a beautiful city with beautiful scenery and just as beautiful women and really friendly people 

Cool story.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Thank fuck I never went.

Me to was going earlier in the year but went to Benidorm last week instead got talked into going there good move indeed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 1:45 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

Yous don’t know what you’s are missing

I’ve only been here a few hours but so far from what I’ve seen Tel Aviv is a beautiful city with beautiful scenery and just as beautiful women and really friendly people 

You're an odd wee man.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fairness, ironically the worst thing about the trip was the football. But there's an 18 page thread elsewhere on here with some detail on that if anyone is interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Tel Aviv was stunning and the locals v hospitable. Jaffa was particularly impressive and the beach & warm sea were amazing. Only downside (apart from the fitba of course!) was that it was on the pricey side but that was only really on the beach front, which I suppose is what you expect when you go anywhere coastal. Will go again and visit Jerusalem next time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved the whole trip (leaving out the 90 mins of utter pish that is 😏).

Spent two days in Istanbul on the way out and three nights in Tel Aviv with a day trip to Petra in Jordan thrown in too. Three new countries ticked off for me.

Brilliant time and great to meet some TAMBers for the first time - irnbruman, Tyder and G-Man as well as all the usual old faces. 

 

(P.S. NEVER challenge @G-Man to a drinking contest - you’ll no win 🙈😫)

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My day in Jerusalem was my highlight. Could have spent days wandering round the old city.

Seeing some of the most historically important sites for 3 of the biggest religions in the World was amazing. 

Even as an atheist, I was still blown away by the history of the place.

Game itself was utter pish. If I hadn’t booked Albania, I would be struggling to go to that one. I am slowly losing my mojo, I am struggling to be arsed. 

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why boycott Israel, the Palestinians have received more cash from the world bank euro community oil rich Arab states charities, the US, ... THEY HAVE RECEIVED MORE CASH THAN ANY OTHER PEOPLE THROUGHOUT HISTORY AND WHAT HAVE THEY DONE....... NOTHING, GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE. IM WITH ISRAEL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 1:45 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

Yous don’t know what you’s are missing

I’ve only been here a few hours but so far from what I’ve seen Tel Aviv is a beautiful city with beautiful scenery and just as beautiful women and really friendly people 

I don't think the BDS is actually anything to do with the beauty of Tel Aviv. You're a good lad but just don't know enough to make anything but the most specious points about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Tel Aviv was a fantastic city. The people couldn't have been more friendly or welcoming. so keen to chat, and some seem truly amazed we were visiting their country just for the football. It wasn''t the cheapest, but if you hunted around and went a few streets back a cheap night could be had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, teecee- said:

Chaotic expensive country I will not be returning to.

With you on this.

Israel wasn't ever on my list of places to visit, and it certainly isn't on my list for a return trip.

Tel Aviv had its charms, but overall was a smelly pit of a place even although the locals were very welcoming as others have said.

Couldn't get out of the place fast enough last night.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, McTeeko said:

 

(P.S. NEVER challenge @G-Man to a drinking contest - you’ll no win 🙈😫)

Never challenge her to anything. Mental wummin...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, teecee- said:

Chaotic expensive country I will not be returning to.

Nothing wrong with your view, I really disliked Kiev but know lots of people who loved it.

I love it here, always have but agree it’s a chaotic place. Running late for last night out (so decided to be even later by coming on here.) and all I can hear are car horns and shouting. It’s a bit dearer than some places but not that expensive. Sitting on balcony finishing last of my Drambuie** and soaking in last of the heat before I return to stormy Scotland. Be back for a wedding next year and looking forward to it already. But understand if it wasn’t for you, be a boring old world if we all liked and disliked the same things. 

On 10/13/2018 at 6:14 PM, McTeeko said:

Loved the whole trip (leaving out the 90 mins of utter pish that is 😏).

Spent two days in Istanbul on the way out and three nights in Tel Aviv with a day trip to Petra in Jordan thrown in too. Three new countries ticked off for me.

Brilliant time and great to meet some TAMBers for the first time - irnbruman, Tyder and G-Man as well as all the usual old faces. 

 

(P.S. NEVER challenge @G-Man to a drinking contest - you’ll no win 🙈😫)

Who the feck sips shots? Remember round of applause when Tidy remembered her hotel code? 😆😆

5 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

Never challenge her to anything. Mental wummin...

I was a charm and a delight in your company. And sober. (Unless you were with Jimmy’s Lassie, Alex and Zico after the game as I still have no memory of being with them.) 

** apologies for mention of Drambuie if Tom from WESTA is ever on here. At least I didn’t mention vodka, Russians and being sick. 😊☺️

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first impression of Tel Aviv was noisy and busy,  but I had a full weeks holiday and really enjoyed it by the end of the week.

Jaffa was my favourite area . If I returned I would spend more time there. 

Was disappointed a bit in the old city of Jerusalem . I felt it was way too busy and commercialised, I felt nothing. Could be my lack of faith,  however  I was blown away by St Stephens Basillica when I visited Budapest. 

Great to meet @McTeeko for first time and a very brief introduction to @DoonTheSlope

Pleasure as always @G-Man, Lord n Lady @Flure. Football aside, very glad I went. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, G-Man said:

 

On 10/13/2018 at 5:58 PM, teecee- said:

Chaotic expensive country I will not be returning to.

Nothing wrong with your view, I really disliked Kiev but know lots of people who loved it.

I love it here, always have but agree it’s a chaotic place. Running late for last night out (so decided to be even later by coming on here.) and all I can hear are car horns and shouting. It’s a bit dearer than some places but not that expensive. Sitting on balcony finishing last of my Drambuie** and soaking in last of the heat before I return to stormy Scotland. Be back for a wedding next year and looking forward to it already. But understand if it wasn’t for you, be a boring old world if we all liked and disliked the same things. 

On 10/13/2018 at 4:14 PM, McTeeko said:

Loved the whole trip (leaving out the 90 mins of utter pish that is 😏).

Spent two days in Istanbul on the way out and three nights in Tel Aviv with a day trip to Petra in Jordan thrown in too. Three new countries ticked off for me.

Brilliant time and great to meet some TAMBers for the first time - irnbruman, Tyder and G-Man as well as all the usual old faces. 

 

(P.S. NEVER challenge @G-Man to a drinking contest - you’ll no win 🙈😫)

Who the feck sips shots? Remember round of applause when Tidy remembered her hotel code

 

JaegerBombs arenae really shorts though, are they? (Unless of course you have a big Weegie mooth that is all consuming 🙈).

 

I mind that wee applause now. Just after she tried to flash her ass as she semi-skipped over the road! 😆

 

(No idea why that’s quoted so many posts there 🤷🏼‍♂️)

Edited by McTeeko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, Datlen Swift said:

Why boycott Israel, the Palestinians have received more cash from the world bank euro community oil rich Arab states charities, the US, ... THEY HAVE RECEIVED MORE CASH THAN ANY OTHER PEOPLE THROUGHOUT HISTORY AND WHAT HAVE THEY DONE....... NOTHING, GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE. IM WITH ISRAEL

You've just made that up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, McTeeko said:

JaegerBombs arenae really shorts though, are they? (Unless of course you have a big Weegie mooth that is all consuming 🙈).

 

I mind that wee applause now. Just after she tried to flash her ass as she semi-skipped over the road! 😆

 

(No idea why that’s quoted so many posts there 🤷🏼‍♂️)

Watch it McCheeko, my ass hasnt been seen in public since I shrunk my Kylie hotpants in a laundrette circa 1985.

It would take an atom bomb no a few Jaegerbombs to inflict that pain on the world 😊

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Watch it McCheeko, my ass hasnt been seen in public since I shrunk my Kylie hotpants in a laundrette circa 1985.

It would take an atom bomb no a few Jaegerbombs to inflict that pain on the world 😊

 

Sorry Tidier I’m with the Edinburgh guy on this one. I’d forgotten all about it till reminded. 😂😂 That wee flash is now indelibly imprinted on McTeeko’s cerebral cortex!😳 🧠 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×