Griffiths? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Been off for a wee while. Could not help but reply to this. Funny how some folk like to have a pop at Griff? Don't get bothered when he bangs in 2 against the cnuts england. The Palestinian thing? Get a grip folks. I would not be upset, innocent men woman and childten being murdered.....

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Been off for a wee while. Could not help but reply to this. Funny how some folk like to have a pop at Griff? Don't get bothered when he bangs in 2 against the cnuts england. The Palestinian thing? Get a grip folks. I would not be upset, innocent men woman and childten being murdered.....

Get back on the drink big yin  u off it for lent ☺

18 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Would have been nice if he could be bothered to "bang a couple" in against Israel. Live for the now big man 

Another example of McLeish's poor man management here. Tells the press that Naismith is going to start in Israel a month before the actual game and then tells them that LG ignored his phone call.

Keep stuff like that in-house. Hardly a surprise that Griffiths wanted to concentrate on his fitness than travel to Israel.

7 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Another example of McLeish's poor man management here. Tells the press that Naismith is going to start in Israel a month before the actual game and then tells them that LG ignored his phone call.

Keep stuff like that in-house. Hardly a surprise that Griffiths wanted to concentrate on his fitness than travel to Israel.

The problem is that he didn't actually say Naismith would start. That was the press interpretation of him saying that after the Albania game, he was the man in possession of the position. 

Whatever happened after this, who knows. 

There's absolutely no excuse for Griffiths. He put his own wee huff in front of playing for Scotland. 

If you did something similar at your work, your boss would likely be looking to stick you on a disciplinary. And they'd be right. 

Modern footballers are big headed, prima donnas that really do think the sun shines out their arses. 

7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The problem is that he didn't actually say Naismith would start. That was the press interpretation of him saying that after the Albania game, he was the man in possession of the position. 

Whatever happened after this, who knows. 

There's absolutely no excuse for Griffiths. He put his own wee huff in front of playing for Scotland. 

If you did something similar at your work, your boss would likely be looking to stick you on a disciplinary. And they'd be right. 

Modern footballers are big headed, prima donnas that really do think the sun shines out their arses. 

Don't disagree with most of that but his "work" is playing for Celtic. I've said before many times that I believe players don't see playing for Scotland as too big a deal any more.

They're precious wee souls who need pampered and made to feel like special cases. It's the managers job to do that if we want our best players motivated to play for us. Telling the press he ignored his call isn't the way to do that.

I don't like that either, but it's the reality of football in the modern day. 

9 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Don't disagree with most of that but his "work" is playing for Celtic. I've said before many times that I believe players don't see playing for Scotland as too big a deal any more.

They're precious wee souls who need pampered and made to feel like special cases. It's the managers job to do that if we want our best players motivated to play for us. Telling the press he ignored his call isn't the way to do that.

I don't like that either, but it's the reality of football in the modern day. 

I pretty much agree with all of that except I'd prefer to tell any of the ones that think they deserve special cuddles to feck off and never cap them. 

I'd also go public on their selfishness and the details of it. 

It's the only way to stop it when the fans realise that their wee preciousness is actually a selfish twat. 

This isn't aimed at Griffiths, yet, as we don't actually know the details yet. It could still all be McLeish fault.

10 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I pretty much agree with all of that except I'd prefer to tell any of the ones that think they deserve special cuddles to feck off and never cap them. 

I'd also go public on their selfishness and the details of it. 

It's the only way to stop it when the fans realise that their wee preciousness is actually a selfish twat. 

This isn't aimed at Griffiths, yet, as we don't actually know the details yet. It could still all be McLeish fault.

Do you honestly believe modern footballers care that much what the fans think? Especially when it's not even the set of fans who pay their wages? I certainly don't.

I think most of them would rather have a few days off during international week. I wish it was like the old days when pulling on a Scotland top meant the world to them but ,with the wages the top players get now, I just don't think that's the case.

2 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Do you honestly believe modern footballers care that much what the fans think? Especially when it's not even the set of fans who pay their wages? I certainly don't.

I think most of them would rather have a few days off during international week. I wish it was like the old days when pulling on a Scotland top meant the world to them but ,with the wages the top players get now, I just don't think that's the case.

Some of them do but others don't care about anything but themselves. 

I don't envy any international manager trying to get some of them to perform. 

5 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Do you also think club managers have a bit to do with this as well, telling players to think about their career and possible large transfer fees. Footballers are wrapped up in cotton wool, look at K Tierney, I believe he got out of the game as it was meaningless, could get injured and is guaranteed a start in the important games.

The lads that played the other night are all still trying to prove themselves worthy of a position other than Mc Ginn, Robertson and Shagger. 

The fans are getting shafted at these friendlies..

1 hour ago, The White Ceelo said:

Do you also think club managers have a bit to do with this as well, telling players to think about their career and possible large transfer fees. Footballers are wrapped up in cotton wool, look at K Tierney, I believe he got out of the game as it was meaningless, could get injured and is guaranteed a start in the important games.

The lads that played the other night are all still trying to prove themselves worthy of a position other than Mc Ginn, Robertson and Shagger. 

The simple answer is just don't go. Starve the SFA of the cash and maybe they'll change. 

Doubt it, but its got to be worth a try. 

7 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

I think that's absolutely true about club managers, especially bigger clubs.

What was the story with Tierney?

Is it clear if he asked to go back or was told he could go back to Celtic.

I’ve no issues with him not risking playing a friendly if he’s not 100%, but also he’s a 21 year old boy and professional athlete, so it seems a bit lame to pull out with fatigue...

Is it a worrying sign of a pattern of players pulling out?

Griffiths would’ve got game time so a bit disappointed with his decision, which does seem to be an issue, either with him, McLeish or bit of both.

Edited by sbcmfc