Advert: Mcgregor vs Khabib - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Advert: Mcgregor vs Khabib

• TAMB1 pinned this topic
  • TAMB1 unpinned this topic

Don’t follow UFC at all, always comes across as a bit desperate to me; admittedly I know fuck all about it other than it seems to attract bams. Can anyone tell me what the deal is with this McGregor chap; he seems extremely popular despute coming across as an absolute cock. 

14 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Don’t follow UFC at all, always comes across as a bit desperate to me; admittedly I know fuck all about it other than it seems to attract bams. Can anyone tell me what the deal is with this McGregor chap; he seems extremely popular despute coming across as an absolute cock. 

I'm nae expert on the UFC but definitely a fan of it and other mixed martial arts tournaments. I have been tae a few live events and aye you get plenty a wannabes but that's the same at any boxing event a have been to. Plenty a decent folk who respect the skill, talent and baws it takes tae compete in this sport.

I have followed it for years now, but lost track for a while (pretty much when McGregor made his name) through no having sky/BT.

With regards tae McGregor,  he is the biggest name in the sport because he sells him self the most. Managed to catch up on his career, name doubting he's a talented fighter but he realised early that as with all fighters you have a shelf life (If yer clever) and has set out tae make a fortune. Aye he's comes across as a total dick at times but that sells tickets and makes him money. Completely different in the far East when its aw about respect , but as its the Yanks, they love his antics and the whole "Irish" heritage thing the Americans have is easy pickings for McGregor.

Quickly on the actual fight, Nurmagomedov is an animal and did exactly wit he said he would do.

Nae excuses for the aftermath mind 

9 hours ago, dan cake said:

boozer in Tel Aviv showed the full card last night, don’t think I have ever seen anything so barbaric. Reminded me of the slaves being forced to fight in Django 

McGregor purse before pvp was $3 million and his opponents $2 million but aye apart from that just like slaves fighting.