Team GB - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team GB

PASTA Mick

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Martin. Chris McLaughlin on Reporting Scotland seemed to suggest earlier that Regan had signed this off before he left but clearly no-one else knew about it - or are at least prepared to admit to knowing about it. 

Yes I saw that too. I'm not sure we'll ever get to the bottom of what has been taken as explicit or implicit consent.

2 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46489104

"Scottish FA will not block Team GB"

😡

Looks like we've traded this for England having a run at the 2030 World Cup. Very disappointing. I will never understand why we feel the need to undermine our own footballing independence in order to maintain good relations with the English FA. Fuck them. We should be looking after ourselves and no one else. Hopefully in some magical way, Scotland deny England at the World Cup and Team GB don't qualify.

2 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Looks like we've traded this for England having a run at the 2030 World Cup. Very disappointing. I will never understand why we feel the need to undermine our own footballing independence in order to maintain good relations with the English FA. Fuck them. We should be looking after ourselves and no one else. Hopefully in some magical way, Scotland deny England at the World Cup and Team GB don't qualify.

This. It's almost suicidal, or colluding in your own dissolution. 

"But in order to maintain good relations with the FA, Fifa and the IOC, they felt they had little choice"

Why should the SFA wish to keep good relations with the IOC? The IOC in effect don't recognise Scotland as a footballing nation! 

If the Olympics is so important to women's football and it's so important that our women get the chance to be "Olympians" and if the IOC continues to refuse to recognise Scotland, why can't there be another solution found that doesn't involve eroding our own standing as a footballing nation? 

Edited by exile

I wondered if a 4 nation playoff would work but that could just turn the whole Olympic home nation championship into a thing, and somehow give more credibility to the whole whole "Scotland as a subsidiary footballing nation" notion. 

But what other ways could there be?  

On 12/8/2018 at 12:04 PM, exile said:

I wondered if a 4 nation playoff would work but that could just turn the whole Olympic home nation championship into a thing, and somehow give more credibility to the whole whole "Scotland as a subsidiary footballing nation" notion. 

But what other ways could there be?  

I can think of one very very good way...