Instanbul - Israel V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Instanbul

geordie07

8 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

I'm in Istanbul Sunday and Monday - fly to Tel Aviv on the Tuesday. Usually buy a Turkey visa online first but I think you can pay at the airport.

I’m the same - Sunday and Monday night. Staying 2 mins from Blue Mosque. 

4 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I’m the same - Sunday and Monday night. Staying 2 mins from Blue Mosque. 

I stayed near there on way to Georgia last time - Sultanahmet - but I'm near Taksim Square this time. Its an amazing city if you haven't been before. I'm travelling Billy Nomates - meeting my mates Tuesday in Tel Aviv - if you fancy a beer any of the nights - its no bother travelling anywhere in the centre including Sultanahmet

3 hours ago, irnbruman said:

I stayed near there on way to Georgia last time - Sultanahmet - but I'm near Taksim Square this time. Its an amazing city if you haven't been before. I'm travelling Billy Nomates - meeting my mates Tuesday in Tel Aviv - if you fancy a beer any of the nights - its no bother travelling anywhere in the centre including Sultanahmet

Nah I’ve never been before, that’s why I’m making a point of going on my way to Israel. Travelling alone too so I’ll no doubt take you up on that offer 👍🏼🍺

Whats the main Istanbul Airport like for layovers at night? Got almost 3 hours on route to Beirut next Monday (10pm until 00:45) and close to 5 hours (01:00 - 06:00) on way back from Tel Aviv.

Basically not there long enough or at a time which makes it worth to leave the airport.

8 hours ago, wanderer said:

Whats the main Istanbul Airport like for layovers at night? Got almost 3 hours on route to Beirut next Monday (10pm until 00:45) and close to 5 hours (01:00 - 06:00) on way back from Tel Aviv.

Basically not there long enough or at a time which makes it worth to leave the airport.

Spent a few hours late at night in Sabina Gocken Airport on the way to Georgia. The staff in the restaurant and bar were the most obnoxious shower of cunts I’ve had the misfortune to come across

16 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Spent a few hours late at night in Sabina Gocken Airport on the way to Georgia. The staff in the restaurant and bar were the most obnoxious shower of cunts I’ve had the misfortune to come across

I had a disastrous day at that airport, mainly due to an issue at Ankara airport though, would never fly with Pegasus again.. Everyone at the airport were useless cunts.

The main airport is much better though.

On 10/2/2018 at 11:01 AM, wanderer said:

We were there overnight after the Macedonia game, we bought lounge access which worked out well for us. Ataturk is a busy airport and just finding somewhere comfortable made it worthwhile, the inclusive food and drink helped as well. 😊

On 10/2/2018 at 2:55 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

I was in Maramaris last year. Just paid at airport.

Arrived at Dalaman airport 2 years ago with my family. We all got through except my youngest daughter, she hadnt booked her online visa.

I had to go back through passport control to get her and the bloke pointed us to a wee booth where a woman was sitting eating a sandwich.

We went over and I said ‘visa’ ?  She looked at me and shook her head. I brought 20 quid out my purse. She grabbed the money and my daughters passport with one hand, stamped the passport with the same hand and pushed it  back through, all whilst eating her roll with her other hand.

No checks or forms whatsover 🙄