Football programmes, any collectors? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Football programmes, any collectors?

I've been tidying out the loft recently and have a box of programmes from when I had a wee fad collecting them when I was a teenager.

They are currently gathering dust and taking up space, not had a chance to list them but probably about 100 varying in early 80's Scotland and Scottish teams in general, a few European finals, testimonials etc. I doubt that there are any of value (and I trust that you would tell me if there were!!!) 

If anyone has any interest, let me know and you are welcome to them.

Cheers,

I’ve got hunners in parents loft. All from about 78 up to around 2000 and a mixture of all sorts of games that I attended. Dad tried to palm them off to me but really have little interest in them although I did enjoy looking through them all when he’d got them down from the loft during his cleaning exercise before I put them back up for him. 😂

I used to collect them in the 70's the whole range, scottish lower divisions english non league scottish/english cups etc etc very eclectic collection,my folks went on a cruise holiday and got friendly with an english couple  anyhoo upshot was he used to collect programmes and I ended up with his collection which included FA cup finals all the way back to the 50's and the 1966 world cup final signed by mMr G.Hurst,,, (or so he said) couldnt really make out the signature.Anyway as you get older these things dont hold your attention that much so one day I took them over to my sisters so she could let my young nephews see them thinking I'll get them back sometime.Anyway some years later I asked her hubby where the programmes were He went and got them and told me he had tidied the collection up by taking them out of their poly pockets and punching holes in every programme with a hole punch so they could fit in the ring binder "better"

every programme....

Aside from the odd one or two, I have a programme from every Huddersfield game I've ever been to, which is a fair few considering I've hardly missed a home match in 20 or so years, rarely missed a match home & away before I moved away for a few years, have seen them on over 130 different grounds & so on. I have a dedicated cupboard (well, 2 tbh) for them.

My wife tries to persuade me to get rid every so often but I remind her that divorce is a lot more expensive than £3 every week or two.