League cup semi final scheduling - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League cup semi final scheduling

Malcolm

You would have thought being at home on Thursday night, a 7:45pm KO on the Saturday would've been acceptable for Rangers.  I also read that Hampden chiefs refused to let them move one semi to Murrayfield!  wonder if that was a 'get it up you' to the SFA/SPFL for the whole Hampden sale fiasco?

15 hours ago, Malcolm said:

SFA, your ability to reach new levels of incompetence astounds me.  Just... why?    Two semi finals on the same pitch on the same day.. one not potentially finishing until after the trains go off on a Sunday night!   Ffs....  play one somewhere else.

Malcolm, your ability to reach new levels of incompetence astounds me.  Just... why?   First of all posting in the wrong forum and secondly blaming the SFA when they have nothing whatsoever to do with the scheduling of the game.

42 minutes ago, aaid said:

Malcolm, your ability to reach new levels of incompetence astounds me.  Just... why?   First of all posting in the wrong forum and secondly blaming the SFA when they have nothing whatsoever to do with the scheduling of the game.

aaid, I quickly admitted and apologised for my mistake when pointed out.   The fact remains that this favours the glasgow teams.  Hearts and Aberdeen should get half the tickets and it will be Neil Doncaster to blame if the stadium is not full.

I will laugh if it is pi$$ing wth rain that day and the pitch turns in to a quagmire for the evening kick off.  Joke.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

I agree. Sometimes the complete ignorance of football fans astounds me.

Absolutely nothing to do with the SFA,

"😭 It's no' fair, they're getting something we're no' getting - This is typical you've all always had it in for us for the last 1000 years boo hooo"

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls,coupled with our ruling bodies not having the backbone to tell the gruesome twosome to button it, is the real reason why, despite it being far from perfect, we HAVE to have 2 semi finals in Glasgow on the same day.....

It would lovely to live in a country where the governing bodies ran the show, but, the reality is they are left with this situation - Learn from it, take your medicine for this year, and from now till the end of time, DO NOT schedule League / Scottish Cup Semi-Finals at the end of European weeks

Edited by Robbo `81