Ryder Cup 2018 - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryder Cup 2018

fringo

50 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Europe win 17 and a half to 11 and a half. They were just the better team. They looked more united for the cause and hungrier and handled the tee to fairways better which was key.

Did the USA play their joker on Patrick Reed?;)

Havent watched it fully for years due to the football style support from the spectators 

Lot of jingoistic shite 

When you are heavily relying on Woods and Mickelson there is always the possibility of tears

And with the return to a bit of form for Woods we can look forward to several tournaments in the near future spending 75% of the coverage on him walking around as if he has shat himself (provided he makes the cut)

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Havent watched it fully for years due to the football style support from the spectators 

Lot of jingoistic shite 

When you are heavily relying on Woods and Mickelson there is always the possibility of tears

And with the return to a bit of form for Woods we can look forward to several tournaments in the near future spending 75% of the coverage on him walking around as if he has shat himself (provided he makes the cut)

That bit is already in full swing. I just don't understand why they don't pick somebody else to idolise. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

:lol: That's pretty good.

The commentators had a go at Reed for doing the shoost gesture after he won his match, but I thought it was just a good bit of fun showmanship. 

Yeah, the commentators got that one wrong.

It was a bit of fun in the spirit of the way they have booed him and he's taken it well.

Good banter I thought. He then immediately applauded the crowd to show it.

Commentators got it wrong.

14 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Lot of jingoistic shite 

Chris Evans on Radio 2 just played a medley of the fans songs. Dearie me! :Tumbleweed-2:

Mickelson having a whinge about the course in the news today. It's not the course that's the problem for him really though - any course is difficult when you have to play your second shot from seventy yards off the fairway.