Scotland U21's v England U21's Tickets on sale - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland U21's v England U21's Tickets on sale

magicTs

Scot Gemmill has named his squad for the UEFA European Under-21 qualification games against Ukraine and England.
Scotland are boosted by the return of Greg Taylor and Lewis Morgan, who were ruled out through injury for the last get-together.
Glenn Middleton links back up with the national team on a high after two goals on his first senior start for Rangers against Ayr United.

Scotland Under-21 Squad

• Ross Doohan (Celtic)* 
  • Ryan Fulton (Hamilton Academical) 
  • Robby McCrorie (Rangers) 
  • David Bates (Hamburg SV) 
  • Ross McCrorie (Rangers) 
  • Tom McIntyre (Reading) 
  • Ryan Porteous (Hibernian) 
  • Liam Smith (Ayr United) 
  • Greg Taylor (Kilmarnock) 
  • Ryan Williamson (Dunfermline Athletic) 
  • Chris Cadden (Motherwell) 
  • Alan Campbell (Motherwell) 
  • Billy Gilmour (Chelsea) 
  • Michael Johnston (Celtic) 
  • Stephen Mallan (Hibernian) 
  • Lewis Morgan (Celtic) 
  • Elliot Watt (Wolverhampton Wanderers) 
  • Eamonn Brophy (Kilmarnock) 
  • Fraser Hornby (Everton) 
  • Glenn Middleton (Rangers) 
  • Oliver Shaw (Hibernian) 

*on loan to Ayr United

Burke, and maybe Harper, are the two biggest names missing.

It looks like a pretty strong squad but England will have strong players with expereince like Chilwell, Cook, Mount, Sessegnon, Abraham, Maddison and Solanke.  

Would our full strength under 21 team beat the senior team? Made both the line ups 352 for fairness...although not sure it suits the under 21's with guys like Morgan, Johnston and Middleton.

Under 21 Team

Keeper: McCrorie

Centre Backs: McKenna, Souttar, Bates

Wing Backs: Tierney, Cadden

Midfielders: Henderson, McTominay, Mallan

No. 10: Morgan

Centre Forward: McBurnie

Senior Team

Keeper: McGregor

Centre Backs: Mulgrew, Hanley, Hendry

Wing Backs: Robertson, O'Donnell

Midfielders: McGinn, McDonald, McGregor

No. 10: Fraser 

Centre Forward: Naismith

Both teams look about as strong as each other (keeper aside), and the under 21's bench would look much more exciting...I didn't include:

Oli Burke, Jack Harper, Fraser Hornby, Mikey Johnston, Glen Middleton, Billy Gilmour, Ryan Porteous and Ross McCrorie.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:21 AM, er yir macaroon said:

How far do you think he can go? I’ve not seen that much of him apart from highlights. 

I'd say he's got most of the attributes to go pretty far in modern football.

Fast, strong, direct, has plenty of skill and really good at set pieces. He also shoots from fucking everywhere if there's a shot on but scores a variety of goals.

You actually forget how young he is. Just turned 22 but he's one of the first names on the team sheet now.

Would be amazed if he doesn't scored 15+ this season.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd say he's got most of the attributes to go pretty far in modern football.

Fast, strong, direct, has plenty of skill and really good at set pieces. He also shoots from fucking everywhere if there's a shot on but scores a variety of goals.

You actually forget how young he is. Just turned 22 but he's one of the first names on the team sheet now.

Would be amazed if he doesn't scored 15+ this season.

Sounds promising. He does look fast and strong on the ball - despite Celtic binning for being too wee. 

16 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

Bought tickets just there. Looks as if the wheatfield stand is almost sold out and the other three are greyed out - does that mean it's close to a sell out or are those other 3 stands being reserved for something?

Whatfield is completely greyed out now and Main Stand only available?

3 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Thanks. Hate watching like that but just wondered if it was on some obscure tv channel.

I doubt it. If either of them are it will be the England one though I would imagine. 

I’ve always found it strange that Sky show the school internationals but don’t seem to be interested in showing under 21s. Not regularly anyway.