Glasgow Band Name - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Glasgow Band Name

My mate and I were talking over the weekend about support bands we've seen and we got to talking about a specific band we seen a couple of times.  They were pretty unmemorable music wise (generic indie rock) however they stood out because the drummer either had no arms, one arm or a similar disability.  I'm pretty sure we seen them supporting The Fratelli's at the Barras and Franz Ferdinand at The Academy but I can't for the life of me remember their name and it's driving me mental.  They also used to do the pub circuit in Glasgow so I'm hoping someone knows who I'm talking about.  I'm sure the name has a number in it. something like Saturn 5, but Google has been no help!!

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Unfortunately its nothing to do with my in depth knowledge of the Glasgow band scene. My colleague’s brother is in The Fratellis so asked him 😊 

Tell your colleague that the entire Chicagoland population are crazy about her Brother for that one song Chelsea Dagger. It’s the official song of the Blackhawks NHL team. When they’re on the tele it’s all that’s pumped out on every juke box. Does my napper in. 😄

On 9/25/2018 at 11:31 AM, Ormond said:

Tell your colleague that the entire Chicagoland population are crazy about her Brother for that one song Chelsea Dagger. It’s the official song of the Blackhawks NHL team. When they’re on the tele it’s all that’s pumped out on every juke box. Does my napper in. 😄

I really should hate that song, its been played to death everywhere but I love the Fratellis.

If Chelsea Dagger comes on and I have had more than a thimble of wine I turn into a fookin eejit . I hope its no still top of the hit parade in Tel Aviv  🙄

On 9/25/2018 at 7:17 PM, Toepoke said:

:ok: Thought it was something textbookish.

Seems they split up a couple of years back...

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Musician-Band/FIGURE-5-Official-106871032677748/?locale2=en_GB

Had a listen to a few of their songs. There’s a lot worse who have made it big.