St Johnstone - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

St Johnstone

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

This has to be one of the most stupid threads for a while. You clearly don’t know your fitba’ if you think Wright hasn’t been excellent for Saints. Our best boss in our history. It’s that simple.

Didn't do much for your team yesterday because you were fecking honking :lol: :lol: :lol: 

11 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Have yous Saints fans not had enough of Tommy Wright? Don't know how they've been playing week in week out but season after season seems very similar with not a lot happening. Not a manager I'd have anywhere near Fir Park. 

He has had them punching above their weight for 5 years, 3 x 4th place finish, a 6th place and an 8th place finish, 4 european campaigns where they had some decent results, quite a few semi finals and winning their first ever trophy, a Scottish cup in 2014.

Considering the crowds they get i think its surprising he hasn't moved on to bigger and better things.

saying that hopefully they get pumped again this saturday, i do love a 5-1.

12 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

He has had them punching above their weight for 5 years, 3 x 4th place finish, a 6th place and an 8th place finish, 4 european campaigns where they had some decent results, quite a few semi finals and winning their first ever trophy, a Scottish cup in 2014.

Considering the crowds they get i think its surprising he hasn't moved on to bigger and better things.

saying that hopefully they get pumped again this saturday, i do love a 5-1.

If only we could get local lads to go instead of going to Edinburgh for their games.... 😁

Just now, sbcmfc said:

I don’t know what you expect St Johnstone to be doing?

They've consistently punched above their weight. To the point, perhaps people think anything less isn’t very good.

Och Aye was obviously smoking some funny shit when he started this thread.

33 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Not the closest ground though, far more people in Errol support the Dundee teams.  

that wasn't the question though, when were you last at a game?

5 years ago now.

The last time I was in Scotland was for last year’s Slovakia game where if I remember rightly some ugly fucker fae Errol saw me inside Hampden. 😎

On 9/24/2018 at 12:26 AM, Och Aye said:

Have yous Saints fans not had enough of Tommy Wright? Don't know how they've been playing week in week out but season after season seems very similar with not a lot happening. Not a manager I'd have anywhere near Fir Park. 

Last five years saints have been above Motherwell three times (and haven’t had to play in a relegation playoff) and have won a trophy. So you’d obviously prefer supporting a less successful team. Your choice.

I'm no saying he's a bad manager. They just seem to be on a treadmill plodding along. Can't mind saying wow! look at that St Johnstone result for a while. Was hoping to say it mid week against a struggling Celtic team but no just another predictable result. Had his peak as Saints manager. Predictions for next few seasons - Labouring along with not much  hsppening.. 

On 9/28/2018 at 6:31 AM, Och Aye said:

I'm no saying he's a bad manager. They just seem to be on a treadmill plodding along. Can't mind saying wow! look at that St Johnstone result for a while. Was hoping to say it mid week against a struggling Celtic team but no just another predictable result. Had his peak as Saints manager. Predictions for next few seasons - Labouring along with not much  hsppening.. 

What the hell is the difference in how Motherwell are managed then? Your lot just labour on each season and as has been said only recently came close to relegation.