Jobsworth Authoritarian Bawsacks - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jobsworth Authoritarian Bawsacks

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Where was it and what was the result?

I honestly don't know.

Re. the following and filming; these are the times we live in; just see how people watch a concert these days.

I wouldn't do it myself, but many would.

Funny enough I was waiting for a train in Southampton a couple of years ago when the entire Saints team walked in and sat around me; Forster, Wanyama, Mane, Pelle, etc... Didn't see Koeman, mind.

These players don't want to meet the public; they're aloof and they are wrapped in cotton wool.

Private part of the platform...

When Celtic beat some team a couple of months ago in a CL qualifier, they were in Glasgow airport the next morning, as I was reading the paper and had my 10 year old hanging around me, one of the players tapped him on the shoulder and pointed to himself in the picture :lol:

The guy had apparently been filming for a good bit before that wee section he decided to release. He'd been badgering Fellaini for a while before he reacted like that, so I can understand why he did it. 

Train stations are also private property, owned by Network Rail and technically permission should be requested to film on their property. Aye the 'private platform' stuff is pish but technically they are able to deny access to any part of the station they deem fit at any time. 

The guy is probably within his rights to an extent to film but as soon as he is asked to move on (which the virgin employee is within their rights to do) he should have. The fact he didn't then started swearing etc makes him a bit of a fud. 

Was clearly just looking for something to put up on social media and he got it. As I noted, he had been filming for quite a while before the clip so its not as if he was instantly excluded. 

Edited by Lion Rampant

amazing how people can have such different opinions eh..in a piece just shows how incorrigible the human species is.  it seems perfectly obvious to me that you don't bother other people by filming them; especially people you don't know.

what is the filmer getting out of it?  boil it down..me me me.

Clearly others think it is all about their rights.  seems selfish to me.

that's people i suppose.

The fact most footballers are self centred balloons doesn't change that.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

2 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

The guy had apparently been filming for a good bit before that wee section he decided to release. He'd been badgering Fellaini for a while before he reacted like that, so I can understand why he did it. 

Train stations are also private property, owned by Network Rail and technically permission should be requested to film on their property. Aye the 'private platform' stuff is pish but technically they are able to deny access to any part of the station they deem fit at any time. 

The guy is probably within his rights to an extent to film but as soon as he is asked to move on (which the virgin employee is within their rights to do) he should have. The fact he didn't then started swearing etc makes him a bit of a fud. 

Was clearly just looking for something to put up on social media and he got it. As I noted, he had been filming for quite a while before the clip so its not as if he was instantly excluded. 

Says who?

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Says who?

There's a slightly longer video going about, I've read elsewhere that he was filming before this also but I suppose that could be untrue or exaggerated.

Lukaku just humours the guy and doesn't really engage with him, he's filming Fellaini from behind for a bit but it's when he puts his phone in his face that he knocks it away.

I would imagine that most folk wouldn't take to kindly to people filming them when they're trying to go about their business. Most of the players posed with fans for pictures at the station so there was clearly no real issue with the players/officials wanting to or being allowed to mix with the public.

The guy was being a nuisance and they asked him to stop filming and leave, I don't think that was particularly unreasonable. As I said he was clearly looking for a reaction from someone, and he got one.

On 9/23/2018 at 3:07 PM, Ormond said:

The guy was not goading at all. He was being perfectly polite. Don’t make things up.

BOP? Really? 😂

If he did that in Scotland, there is a good chance he would have been lifted for BOP. I've seen folk lifted for much less. He would probably have been released a couple of hours later. 

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

If he did that in Scotland, there is a good chance he would have been lifted for BOP. I've seen folk lifted for much less. He would probably have been released a couple of hours later. 

We all know what the pathetic police are like in Scotland though.