Sign in to follow this  
GRBear

Europa league

You’d have been better drawing an English team, Spanish teams appear to actually want to win the thing.

Cracking city and easy to get to for anyone thinking of going though, so a decent draw on most counts. Not sure what winnable options were available that might have let them get a round further?

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Mario kempes sprjngs to mind. Destroyed us at ibrox almost on his own. Hat trick.

Sadly, I remember it well. He was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. 😉

13 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

You’d have been better drawing an English team, Spanish teams appear to actually want to win the thing.

Cracking city and easy to get to for anyone thinking of going though, so a decent draw on most counts. Not sure what winnable options were available that might have let them get a round further?

Villareal, probably.

Anyway, likely getting papped out regardless who we face, unless we do some serious January sales shopping, so I suppose getting a decent draw for the fans is at least a positive.

46 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Villareal, probably.

Anyway, likely getting papped out regardless who we face, unless we do some serious January sales shopping, so I suppose getting a decent draw for the fans is at least a positive.

Villarreal would’ve been best of both. It’s only half an hour from Valencia.

:lol:

Never saw the seedings.

36 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Villarreal would’ve been best of both. It’s only half an hour from Valencia.

:lol:

Never saw the seedings.

I fancy Celtic against Valencia. They've got bigger problems and I think Celtic will get their act together by then.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I fancy Celtic against Valencia. They've got bigger problems and I think Celtic will get their act together by then.

Here's hoping!

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Valencia draw a lot of matches.  They have some good players and could easily get their own act together before we play them.  

I can see both teams winning their home matches.  

Just reading up on Valencia. They have only 3 wins all season, granted they are very strong in defense. They have scored the least amount of goals in laliga. I would not right us off yet. I have to be honest, they are the favorites. If we can get another striker, who knows. I win at Paradise, then defend like fuck in Spain for the return leg. Just don't pass the ball back to Gordon. 🙂. This is not business as usual for Valencia. I am very optimistic now. Just saying like..

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just reading up on Valencia. They have only 3 wins all season, granted they are very strong in defense. They have scored the least amount of goals in laliga. I would not right us off yet. I have to be honest, they are the favorites. If we can get another striker, who knows. I win at Paradise, then defend like fuck in Spain for the return leg. Just don't pass the ball back to Gordon. 🙂. This is not business as usual for Valencia. I am very optimistic now. Just saying like..

Issue is we can’t defend. Certainly not in Europe!

47 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

They'll make fairly light work of us unless there is big investment in January. In other words, we're humped.

Definitely. The current squad cannot compete with them. Edouard will be burnt out. We need atleast 2 quality strikers depending on when wee Griff is back. Gordon although a great shit stopper, gives me heart failure with his ball distribution. We just hope for the best. I'd give Mikey Johnston a run of games. The boy looked good when he came on against Hibs. Full of running and not afraid to take opponents on. 

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Gordon although a great shit stopper, gives me heart failure with his ball distribution.

officer-crabtree-851de861-3a64-4ac4-a4d1

4 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Issue is we can’t defend. Certainly not in Europe!

True. Lustig is past it, Izzaguirri is past it, Gamboa will get found out. We need signings matenif we want to make a serious challenge in Europe. We also need cover for the league, it's to good this season to think we will win it hands down like years past. I love how competitive the league is just now. It's great for Scottish football. 

13 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

From doing what, exactly?

Probably going from less than 90 minutes a week to playing 90 minutes every 3/4/5 days. Until Celtic he had only played 17 top flight games. Now he's finding himself in the wrong position, being the only person in the team capable of playing there, and will presumably be starting every game for the foreseeable.

So, yeah, probably that. Just because he cost big bucks doesn't make him any less susceptible to burning out.

Edited by Tartan_McCole