Europa league - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa league

3 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

The 2-2 game was the first one of the group :ok:

Was it? Ah well I stand corrected, maybe there's hope after all lol. Still wish I was going, Salzburg is definitely on my 'to do' list.

Edited by slasher

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Was it? Ah well I stand corrected, maybe there's hope after all lol. Still wish I was going, Salzburg is definitely on my 'to do' list.

Sure it was. The last game of the group was when we lost in Zagreb 4-3, but qualified anyway.

Salzburg is a cracking place; would definitely recommend! The 2 hour train ride through from Munich is also ace.

We've been as bad if not worse in terms of ball retention as we ever have been away from Europe in the last 15 years and yet we are winning. Need to improve hugely in the second half, decision making has been awful at times, only Boyata and Mulumbu got pass marks so far and we need to take off one of Griffiths or Edouard, neither has a clue what they are supposed to be doing.

This is where Rodgers really needs to show he is the coach that he thinks he is

No complaints about that result. They're easily the best side we will play this season. Did well for 20 minutes and then stopped retaining the ball. Boyata and Mulumbu played fairly well but it's sobering to see how far we are off a team like that. 😣