Europa league - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa league

Rangers the tic start their campaigns tomorrow evening.

I'd take a draw tomorrow away to Villarreal. They are a class above us so we need to be at our best and the Spaniards to have an off day if we are to get anything.

Reckon the tic will get a result.

11 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

We've come out on top against Rosenborg twice over the last 2 seasons. Slightly different now it's a league rather than 2 legs but I hope we can pick up 3 points. 

We need to play better than we have recently, particularly in the final third. 

I’d think 6 points against Rosenborg should be Celtics 1st target and if they can pick up 4 points from their other 4 games they can sneak through.

If Villarreal take it seriously, and recent history suggest the Spanish sides do, Rangers will get pumped.

Edited by sbcmfc

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I’d think 6 points against Rosenborg should be Celtics 1st target and if they can pick up 4 points from their other 4 games they can sneak through.

If Villarreal take it seriously, and recent history suggest the Spanish sides do, Rangers will get pumped.

Aye I'm not really looking forward to tonight.  I think we might be in for our first tonking under Gerrard.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

6 points should be the aim but if you look the last 4 games, we've won 2 and drawn 2.  League matches will be different because each match has points available.

Plus point is we'e only conceded 1 against them in 4 matches.

I can't see Rangers getting anything against Villarreal.  

34 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Great and totally unexpected result. We may not be the best football team but Gerrard had certainly made us resilient and tough to beat. 

Scotty, sorry for getting your hopes up. 

A wee bump back doon tae Earth on Sunday wid mak’ this fermer happy. 

Congrats on tonight’s draw though.