Marijuana Legalised In Canada - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Marijuana Legalised In Canada

Deliveries from online purchases in Ontario started today.

This was my observation from this afternoon... 

Saw a guy smoking up by himself outside of a well known shop on a main street.

Once he was done he just dropped the 'roach' on the ground as many cigarette smokers do with their 'butt'.

Thing is, now a  10, 11, 12 year old kid can come along and just pick it up. :worried: 

I am with Scotty..it's a disaster. Having folk blazing up anywhere and everywhere with young children around. Having folk stoned and driving motors, bikes. I know people drink and drive, but this only makes it worst.  Just my opinion. For the record, I don't smoke weed. I have no issue with people smoking weed behind closed doors, but anywhere in public is out of order..

9 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Once he was done he just dropped the 'roach' on the ground as many cigarette smokers do with their 'butt'.

Thing is, now a  10, 11, 12 year old kid can come along and just pick it up. :worried: 

Exactly....

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I am with Scotty..it's a disaster. Having folk blazing up anywhere and everywhere with young children around. Having folk stoned and driving motors, bikes. I know people drink and drive, but this only makes it worst.  Just my opinion. For the record, I don't smoke weed. I have no issue with people smoking weed behind closed doors, but anywhere in public is out of order..

‘Auld jakey stuck in the past’ alert. 

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So, a wee toke in the house before taking the kids to school in the motor is fine, obviously canny blame the weed if anything goes wrong because it is legal.

If your against it your against it wether it's in the privicy of their own home or not.

Edited by The White Ceelo

13 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

How many did you get?

1 minute ago, The White Ceelo said:

So, a wee toke in the house before taking the kids to school in the motor is fine, obviously canny blame the weed if anything goes wrong because it is legal.

If you have a wee toke in the house, with your children there, then drive them to school, you are a fuckin disgrace for a start. I have 2 sons. I never drink in front of them, except if we have company, that's expected. My bhoys know the difference between having a beer with your neighbors, or smoking a joint. Sorry, I just don't agree.  Respect your post though mate. 

8 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Alcohol is legal. It's still illegal to drive under the influence.

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

If you have a wee toke in the house, with your children there, then drive them to school, you are a fuckin disgrace for a start. I have 2 sons. I never drink in front of them, except if we have company, that's expected. My bhoys know the difference between having a beer with your neighbors, or smoking a joint. Sorry, I just don't agree.  Respect your post though mate. 

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Mate, I'm not supporting it, I Am merely pointing out the posibilities of where it can go wrong. 

For me I would be OK with Opiates whilst driving because I have used them for years when driving, now we are not allowed so people are driving in agony rather than risk getting drug tested if in a crash etc. 

Drug and alcohol rules are mental, I can have a pint in Carlisle but lose my license 7 miles later on returning to Scotland.

2 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

How do they measure the amount of cannabis in the system?

Exactly mate.  My wife and I were out for dinner on our anniversary just few weeks ago. On way home my SUV was rear-ended, no joke. Driver said to me, let's just say swop insurance and let it go. I was like ,"fuck you pal" you just smashed my car, and my wife was obviously shaken. I called the police, turns out he was high as a fucking kite. Funny thing is though. The sobriety test was not that of a drunk driver, it was completely different so I suspect the police thought he was stoned. No harm to my wife and I, he was charged and found with drugs in his car. Just annoyed me.my wife had to go through this. 

38 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Drug and alcohol rules are mental, I can have a pint in Carlisle but lose my license 7 miles later on returning to Scotland.

On that note, has there been any reduction in road traffic collisions since the introduction of tougher drink driving laws in Scotland?

Where is the assumption that weed smokers are more irresponsible than alcohol drinkers.

Detrimental effects of cannabis use vary in a dose-related fashion, and are more pronounced with highly automatic driving functions than with more complex tasks that require conscious control, whereas with alcohol produces an opposite pattern of impairment. Because of both this and an increased awareness that they are impaired, marijuana smokers tend to compensate effectively while driving by utilizing a variety of behavioral strategies.

Epidemiological studies have been inconclusive regarding whether cannabis use causes an increased risk of accidents; in contrast, unanimity exists that alcohol use increases crash risk.

Studies that do not show impairment

Surprisingly, given the alarming results of cognitive studies, most marijuana-intoxicated drivers show only modest impairments on actual road tests.37, 38 Experienced smokers who drive on a set course show almost no functional impairment under the influence of marijuana, except when it is combined with alcohol

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722956/

Edited by phart

25 minutes ago, G-Man said:

What about its use for medicinal reasons, do you both agree or disagree with that? 

I think it’s a positive step forward and therefore don’t expect it in Britain any time soon. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/medical-cannabis-uk-prescription-legal-epilepsy-pain-relief-home-office-moj-nhs-a8464766.html