Marijuana Legalised In Canada - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Marijuana Legalised In Canada

Pot becomes legal here in Canada on October 17th, 2018

Let's look at what the Bible has to say about drugs in Revelation...

"nor did they repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts." Revelation 9:21

"and the light of a lamp will shine in you no more, and the voice of bridegroom and bride will be heard in you no more, for your merchants were the great ones of the earth, and all nations were deceived by your sorcery." Revelation 18:23

" But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8

"Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood." Revelation 22:15

Each time the word used here for 'sorceries', 'sorcery' and 'sorcerers' is the Greek word 'pharmakeia'.

(It's where our English word for 'pharmacy' comes from.)

So why introduce this new law on a Wednesday in October?

October 17 2018

10/17                                2018

1+ 0 + 1 + 7                      2 + 0 + 1 + 8

9                                        11

satan                             antichrist

9/11

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Each time the word used here for 'sorceries', 'sorcery' and 'sorcerers' is the Greek word 'pharmakeia'.

Steer clear of the coffee!   Don't want that dopamine running riot and turning you into a massive homo.

Where can I buy it?

Because the details of legalization have fallen to the provinces, that depends on where you are in Canada. In Alberta, recreational cannabis will be widely available at more than 200 private retailers across the province, while in Ontario it will be carefully curated at only 40 state-run shops. Most of the other provinces are a blend of these two approaches; in Newfoundland and Labrador, you will be able to buy weed at Loblaws grocery stores. Few of the country’s suddenly ubiquitous (and illegal) marijuana dispensaries are likely to survive the transition to licensed retailing.

Can I grow my own?

Federal guidelines allow recreational users to grow up to four plants per household, up to a metre tall. Most provinces have acceded to this suggestion, with some (like British Columbia) stipulating that the plants must be grown in a secure location out of public view. In Manitoba and Quebec, however, home growing is illegal. Landlords in some provinces are also pushing for the right to ban tenants from growing cannabis in their rental properties.Also: do not move your plants while they’re budding or flowering! Appearing in a public space with a blooming cannabis plant nets you a fine up to $5,000, or five years behind bars.

5 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

For the places where it is legal, is it basically like going to a government-run booze shop etc like you do in Scandinavia, Canada etc?

My mate is just back from Denver. He said the shopkeeper wouldn’t sell him it because he had an Illinois ID and so couldn’t prove he was a Colorado native.

6 hours ago, Ormond said:

My mate is just back from Denver. He said the shopkeeper wouldn’t sell him it because he had an Illinois ID and so couldn’t prove he was a Colorado native.

Cheers.

I don't smoke or use it, but curious to hear the experience. Guess there is brands etc, edibles? 

On 9/19/2018 at 2:49 AM, weekevie04 said:

For the places where it is legal, is it basically like going to a government-run booze shop etc like you do in Scandinavia, Canada etc?

I'm in Portland just now and there are shops where you can buy (I think) an ounce and half an ounce for a set price or you can buy pre rolled joints. It's never been a drug that I've enjoyed but the punters here seem to enjoy themselves and the money is going to the government, so it's a win win for everyone.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:49 AM, weekevie04 said:

More or less yes. Canada were pretty relaxed with it for the most part anyway. A good move for them to control it and make money from the tax etc. 

21 hours ago, Ormond said:

Strongly disagree. I think he’s a breath of fresh air given what we are being fed in the States now with this hate filled buffoon.

Yeah I think he's been mostly good for canada and most seem to like him. As with any leader there are good and bad points. You'll know more than me living over that way. but my friends in vanada seem pretty happy

• 4 weeks later...

Weed became legal here today.

You can smoke it anywhere you can smoke a cigarette.

We're going to hell in a hand-basket.

Probably a good time to remind folk that the best high is...

...The Most High.

(All Honour, Wisdom, Strength and Power is Yours Forever.)

4 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

No

I absolutely do. I’m not a dope head(never have been) and it’s probably to do with my hatred of smoking. I know there’s other ways to enjoy it. I’ve done a lot of hard drugs when younger. But the way I see it is if alcohol is legal then why can’t cannabis be? 

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

I absolutely do. I’m not a dope head(never have been) and it’s probably to do with my hatred of smoking. I know there’s other ways to enjoy it. I’ve done a lot of hard drugs when younger. But the way I see it is if alcohol is legal then why can’t cannabis be? 

I would agree with that. Bevy has destroyed more families than cannabis has and I've never been to a party when two stoned cunts have started scrapping either.