Points Tables - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Points Tables

DoonTheSlope

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Now that there’s points being awarded for home games, are there now two separate tables? One for home games and one for away games or are all points accumulated together?

If the latter then I’m missing three points 

There’s definitely only one table. My points for Belgium and Albania have already been added but Portugal and Israel won’t be added until after the matches. 

The website is an absolute joke though. Have you scrolled down to the bottom of the points page? It looks like there are two totals or something. One including the 1000 points for a discount and your actual points total at the bottom. 

I have 8 points shown as my total which is correct but then above that I have a further 3 points showing for the recent home games and one remaining (which should be 2) but those points are not added to my other 8 points - Very confused.  Does not effect me applying for Israel away as I am in the first grouping but it could effect some people if their accounts are the same. I don't understand how they are working the points table :huh:

18 minutes ago, j b lyons said:

I have 8 points shown as my total which is correct but then above that I have a further 3 points showing for the recent home games and one remaining (which should be 2) but those points are not added to my other 8 points - Very confused.  Does not effect me applying for Israel away as I am in the first grouping but it could effect some people if their accounts are the same. I don't understand how they are working the points table :huh:

It's like the Champions League draw. If you set it out to make it as confusing as possible, nobody will query it's reliability.

In my simple mind you collect the points separately (home and away rolling 10).

Then they are applied as an aggregate for buying away tickets (and home if small ground with excess demand). 

As an almost purely away traveler living outside of Scotland (who joined the STC in 2003) it all seems a bit daft and I am disadvantaged. But that’s been done to death and is what it is. 

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

it's not that daft, we need crowds at home games aswell as away games.

Playing games on a Saturday and having a winning team on the pitch will bring the crowds back. 

Not sure the point per game will bring the people back. 

That said, in the grand scheme of things, as long as I keep going to all the away games and the odd home one, I should be fine. 

Just waiting for a popular game on an Easyjet route with a low allocation, then I may he singing a different tune.

J

2 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Playing games on a Saturday and having a winning team on the pitch will bring the crowds back. 

Not sure the point per game will bring the people back. 

That said, in the grand scheme of things, as long as I keep going to all the away games and the odd home one, I should be fine. 

Just waiting for a popular game on an Easyjet route with a low allocation, then I may he singing a different tune.

J

As I’m sure you’re aware, the SFA don’t have any control over when they play our competitive games and by extension, most of our friendlies as well. Internationals will never go back to 3pm on a Saturday (except the odd match obviously). Sad but true.

I believe that people should be rewarded for attending home matches. I’m not sure if the single point is the best way to do it though but I can’t really think of a better alternative. Two separate points tables for home and away maybe?

The home points table would be pointless at the moment though. 

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Jonnyb said:

My Portugal point has been added. But my Israel points haven’t. 

Ah, my mate who just joined was a zero pointer before Israel and went to Israel but was still a zero pointer for Albania. I don’t think he went to the Portugal game though so that fits.  

He is going to go straight in as a 5 pointer! 😁

• 4 weeks later...