Independence Reminders - Page 2 - Politics - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Independence Reminders

RenfrewBlue

5 hours ago, Alibi said:

What exit polls?  I don't think there were any exit polls for the indyref - which I found suspicious at the time and even more so now.

There was a YouGov poll that was being talked about for a while that was released after the polls had closed - it may have been that, as opposed to an actual exit poll.

9 hours ago, Alibi said:

What exit polls?  I don't think there were any exit polls for the indyref - which I found suspicious at the time and even more so now.

sorry - i meant feedback from the politicians  - there was that sneaky observations from Davidson etc about looking at the postal votes - at that time i didnt understand why they were confident

4 years 😞   so deflating 

Not lived in Scotland in 7 years, but plan on coming back 

They knew.

Was blatantly obvious shortly after 10pm how it was going to go. Remember my stomach turning trying to understand how Unionist after Unionist could go on live TV so soon after the polls closed looking and sounding so smug. I was ready to accept defeat but it sticks in my craw to this day how the establishment knew they it wrapped up so quickly. Don't buy into the vast majority of conspiracy theories but genuinely dont know how that was possible without exit polls, etc. Was absolutely scunnered.

Im not in a hurry to do it again because Im not convinced there's been enough pain for solid 15-point swing to Yes. We've some way to go yet before the camel's back is broken and we'd be taking a massive risk going anytime before it. 

2 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Im not in a hurry to do it again because Im not convinced there's been enough pain for solid 15-point swing to Yes. We've some way to go yet before the camel's back is broken and we'd be taking a massive risk going anytime before it. 

That won't ever happen. An issue like this will always have the pro-independence option on a knife edge 50.5% or 51%.

Makes me feckin sick to hear those Con/Lab/Lib kants banging on about "divisive nationalism" and claiming that the peaceful protest at the BBC was "disturbing" and "frightening" when it was unionists who went on the bloody rampage in Glasgow the night after the result was announced destroying shop windows and threatening to beat up young women. Sweep sweep sweep. :rolleyes:

And that pwick Ian Murray wanting police protection because someone stuck a few stickers on his office door.

Then there were those clueless Scottish TU reps saying variants of "I have more in common with a welder on Teeside than some wee Garleek speaking teuchter in the Hebrides hahaha" :angry:

On 9/20/2018 at 3:26 PM, Ormond said:

Do you see the video has been removed from youtube ? Or was it never on

Edited by hampden_loon2878

That whole night, Friday & the weekend are still to this day a massive blur, I remember thinking at the time that all the trouble in George Square, Buchanan & Sauchiehall Streets, was forgotten about within a day or so, couldn't understand why the bampots from the No side would be so angry and aggressive after their victory the previous night.

Can only imagine what that section of our community will be like the day that we (and we will one day) taste sweet victory !!