Tel Aviv Bars - Israel V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tel Aviv Bars

irnbruman

Apart from travelling to Haifa for the game, I'm just staying in Tel Aviv for 3 nights - doing my touristy stuff in other places on way there and back (Istanbul, Athens and Venice) so treating Israel as a bit of a beach holiday. Been reading about the "Bracelet" bars where you can drink as much as you like after buying bracelet for approx. price of a couple of drinks and some having happy hours. Anyone got experience of Tel Aviv at night time.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, G-Man said:

Always good to know a bar that’ll let anyone in. Just remember the ping pong routine was a long time ago. 🤪

See you soon. 😘😘

😂 if I produced a ping pong ball someone put me down with a dart.

I was just glad to get out last night. Our luggage didnt turn up the day before and I had put everything in the hold.

Had to go the market and buy 2 pairs of knickers and sit on the roof of the hotel under a brolly as I had no suntan lotion and its fookin roastin.

I looked like a demented lion as I has no straighteners either. 

27 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Good find only 1 minute from my hotel. The two of us will wade in on Wednesday night and do that Scottish thing, buying 10 drinks at 5 minutes to 9.

The barman must have thought we were a couple of eejits. The sign said ‘ buy one get one free’ .He was chatting to us and  we thought he said that if you buy 2 drinks you get the cheapest free. 

After we had finished the drink we asked for the bill. He says ‘ do you not want your other drink?’ Thats how happy hour works’🙄 

We had tanned some duty free in the room before we went out  and hsd nothing to eat so we were pished by the time we went for dinner.

Oh, and as an added bonus you get free unlimited popcorn which you can use to flick at the bar across the road which has an England flag up 😡

2 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

You and MrTdyer in a pub? Who would have thought it. 

The only thing missing from the familiar picture is you.

That said, its not all  familiar,  we have been here 2 days and havent fallen out yet, even after the trauma of no make up or hair straighteners.  I told him to stop greetin and gave him my spare lippy. 

7 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Is that a challenge? They dont call me Ten Tonne Tidy for nothing .

Haw 10 ton I’m in dungarees with a litre of Drambuie and stuck in traffic jam. It’s 00.49 how the feck is their a traffic jam?  There’s people out their cars now. I’m practising my Hebrew on driver. He says I’ve forgotten more than I ever knew. He actually thought I was speaking Gaelic at one point! 

I’m opening the bottle. See you later Elsa.  

No money either so can’t tip. Driver wil love all Scots now! 

I’m just going to keep telling myself I paid online so no tip needed to stop myself feeling bad.  

Edited by G-Man

1 hour ago, King Of Paisley said:

Ye deserve aw ye get for revealing you wear dungarees...

As admitted on here a few years ago and more recently on the alternative board I have been known to ‘drunk buy’.  So i don’t own a pair of dungarees.

I own 3 pairs in 3 different sizes and 3 different colours. **They are top of the range designer dungarees.

So if you see a demented lion with an Oor Wullie lookalike drinking Drambuie come over and say hello. 😁😁

**If you live in a mud hut in Patagonia, where  I actually think they were made. 

22 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Just think when your eating that popcorn, all the other pishy and snottery hands that have dipped the bowl before you ☺️

At the prices here I would knock back gloopy jobby smoothies if they were free 😬