Continental players - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Continental players

mrniaboc

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2018 at 4:26 PM, mrniaboc said:

Of the five young lads playing in the 2nd tier of continental European leagues this season, who would you bet a pint on being the first to get a call up to the senior squad; Harper, Henderson, Bates, Gauld, or St Clair?

My pint would be on Harper, as we're lacking in attacking talent and he's been getting more game time than the rest this season. I'd love to look at the same 5 guys a year from now and see what they are up to.

Lots of gossip around Bates this week. Everton, Arsenal, Leicester, Crystal Palace, and Bayern Munich all reportedly tracking him. I'm sure they are tracking hundreds of players, and we can't really read much into this, but it looks like those who said Bates might be owed a pint from me if he beats Harper into the squad.

5 minutes ago, Chripper said:

He was brilliant at the Toulon tournament. I was skeptical of him at the start of the Tournament as he looked a little ropey, but as the tournament wore on he was electric.

He barely played in Toulon. Are you not thinking of Mikey Johnston?

16 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

He barely played in Toulon. Are you not thinking of Mikey Johnston?

No. But you're right, he only played 40 minutes. For some reason I thought he played more than that.

In those 40 minutes he did show flashes of how good he is, though. He's one to keep an eye on.