Jerusalem Day Trip - Page 3 - Israel V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jerusalem Day Trip

DoonTheSlope

On 9/15/2018 at 6:59 PM, RobA said:

Please please please if your going to do Jerusalem and the West Bank use Bein Harim. They are a very professional company that use qualified tour guides and also employ Palestinian tour guides for Bethlehem. 

Jerusalem is mind blowing when it comes to history of all the 3 main religions. As a Christian I found it very humbling to see the actual places I only heard about in Sunday school!!

The trip to Bethlehem is difficult, you will see the walls and barb wire. You will see poverty and kids sellin you stuff in the streets. You will see the church of the nativity and where baby Jesus was born.....but.... the experience of just going there is amazing.

dont fuck about use Bein Harim 😉

Rob, interested in Bethlehem and Jerusalem.

Might be a daft question, but is doing the tourist bit in the kilt an option? Travelling with hand luggage only.

I ended up going for the Green Olive Tours Bethlehem day trip. 

I was going to go with Bein Harim but after sending a few emails back and forth it seemed to be far too much of a religious trip. They said there wouldn’t be much of an opportunity to see the separation barrier etc

This green olive one will be no doubt be two sides pushing their woe is us political propaganda but at least this way I’ll see barrier and Palestinian neighbourhoods and get a feel for the place

1 hour ago, Restless-Native said:

Any day trips for the Wednesday from Tel Aviv anyone knows about? Change plan so there now instead Haifa 

100% the better choice. A day in Jeresulam compared to a day in Haifa is no choice to make.

J

7 minutes ago, Restless-Native said:

Due to last minute change I’m just looking at options.

How would you recommend doing a day in Jerusalem?

TBH mate I’ve never been, but been to Haifa loads with work.

Im going through on Match day (only time I’ll have). We are going to get up early and catch a bus through. Hoof round it on the morning / early afternoon and then back in time for the Davy bus. 

Watched this video last night. Sounds a good route to take.

J

8 hours ago, Restless-Native said:

Due to last minute change I’m just looking at options.

How would you recommend doing a day in Jerusalem?

Myself and a friend are doing the green olives tour of Jerusalem and Palestinian villages on Wednesday along with a guy from this board and his wife. You're welcome to join us if you like.

Edit: bus leaves Tel Aviv at 6.30am.

Edited by Scotland Ever More

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Myself and a friend are doing the green olives tour of Jerusalem and Palestinian villages on Wednesday along with a guy from this board and his wife. You're welcome to join us if you like.

Edit: bus leaves Tel Aviv at 6.30am.

That’s a long lie, trip I’ve booked leaves at 2am. 😣😣.

1 hour ago, Bobster said:

Don’t tell me you forgot to drop Luna with the neighbours 😬

She’d be up and down Snake Pass like a Roman scout if she could! 

Tears and snottery farewell tomorrow. 😢

I’ve left a message and plea on our elite board. 😁 Tidier and I will drink to your health tomorrow. 😘💋

6 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Ooft where is it you're going again?

Masada sunrise tour. Then Ein Gedi and finish with a Dead Sea dip. 

First time I went to Masada it was evening and it was amazing. Richard Burton type voice booming out the history of the place and lights flashing all over the place. At the end my pal started sprinting down the pass, not a good idea as it’s high and slippery. She fell and when I reached her I asked why she was hurrying and she told me they couldn’t be positive there were still no leopards about. Took a few seconds before penny dropped that she’d misheard the leper colony part of the story. 

Fair play to your pal for admitting turning alarm off. I’d have denied it to the death. 

My trip was great but really rough walk up Snake Pass as I’d only stopped drinking couple of hours before bus left. Worse for fellow passengers on bus who had to suffer a drunk falling asleep snoring away only to occasionally wake up as if a cattle prod had been inserted in me and I shouted “ where the fuck” as I realised I was on a moving bus but couldn’t remember why. To be honest it could only improve after that.