Spain v Croatia - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spain v Croatia

As I understand it, all league A teams will be in pot 1 for the Euro draw, so maybe some teams are not taking the NL seriously.   I don't know if Croatia or Iceland are resting/retiring players after the WC for instance?

Correction... Two teams will drop to pot 2 and those two look favourites now.

13 hours ago, daviebee said:

Enrique seems to have done away with the tippy-tappy nonsense that worked when Xavi, Iniesta and Silva were 8 years younger and they had Pedro, Fabregas and Alonso around them.

6-0 v the WC finalists is pretty scary stuff.

I was at the Spain game tonight and there was still plenty tippy tappy.

At one point they must have strung about 30/40 passes together without Croatia touching the ball, mind you they were 4 nil up at that time.

Spain were very impressive and a pleasure to watch.Back to their best.

40 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

As I understand it, all league A teams will be in pot 1 for the Euro draw, so maybe some teams are not taking the NL seriously.   I don't know if Croatia or Iceland are resting/retiring players after the WC for instance?

Croatia only need to take 4 points off England to guarantee finishing above them. Should be easy enough.:unsure:

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Croatia only need to take 4 points off England to guarantee finishing above them. Should be easy enough.:unsure:

Ha, I wasn't even paying attention to who else was in their group.   I had just taken a glance at the overall ranking to see if I was spouting pish.   (I was.)

6 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Dropping down to pot 2 could give them a much easier draw next time round. 

Method in the madness and all that.....

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Dropping down to pot 2 could give them a much easier draw next time round. 

Method in the madness and all that.....

But a harder qualifying draw this time, and no chance of winning the Nations League - there is a trophy after all.   Prize money gets lower the further down you drop as well.

It’s a clever move tying the Euro pots and prize money to the Nations League sections.  Should avoid anyone deliberately tanking.