Scottish Born Players - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Born Players

Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, borojock said:

Explain in what way playing for Scotland brings up a players profile. If it was England possibly but Scotland not a chance

I would love to hear how it brings their profile up and why how they would benefit from it - please explain 

If you've played for your national team, against top opposition, it will bring your profile (and CV) up. 

4 hours ago, borojock said:

Explain in what way playing for Scotland brings up a players profile. If it was England possibly but Scotland not a chance

I would love to hear how it brings their profile up and why how they would benefit from it - please explain 

Of course it does

If you're at Bournemouth when they were in the lower leagues

Or at Blackpool

You're playing at international level against players way above the league level you're in

Explain how it doesn't raise you're profile

41 minutes ago, Marky said:

If we’re looking for a proven example of one of these charlatans, didn’t Matt Elliott come out at some stage and pretty much admit that he wasn’t arsed but International looked good on his CV?

According to an interview with Graham Alexander, Elliott used to take the piss out of him for supporting Scotland when they were team mates. Then Elliott got a call up, which wound him up.

'Before his first international call, Alexander said, "To be honest, since I started playing football, I've had two ambitions: to play in the Premier League, and to play for Scotland. I've been brought up supporting Scotland as far back as I can remember."'

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

55 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

According to an interview with Graham Alexander, Elliott used to take the piss out of him for supporting Scotland when they were team mates. Then Elliott got a call up, which wound him up.

'Before his first international call, Alexander said, "To be honest, since I started playing football, I've had two ambitions: to play in the Premier League, and to play for Scotland. I've been brought up supporting Scotland as far back as I can remember."'

Oh yes. There was NEVER any doubt about Graham Alexander’s loyalty and credentials. A bloody good player into the bargain..