Albania Match Thread (10/09/2018) - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Albania Match Thread (10/09/2018)

Clyde1998

Guest faircity
7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Albania with a number of Serie A regulars? Who qualified for the Euros? 

Try coming In to this century. 

Actually go on, im in. "A number of Series A regulars."  Go on then, indulge me. I put it to you that you are talking nonsense. 

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Does McGinn know that he is meant to pass to the players in blue?

Promising first half, we should be in the lead though.

He’s had one poor pass but he’s been much better than Friday.

someone needs to explain to mulgrew that a Hollywood pass only works when it gets to one of your own team.

impressed with O’Donnell, souttar, tierney, Robertson, mcgregor and Russell.

Naismith off for Griffiths would be a good idea right now

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If we have ambitions of improving and qualifying we absolutely must beat Albania at home. There’s no argument against this and it’s not being critical of Albania or disrespectful 

Correct a win is a must and to be honest I think they are shite and we should be 2 or 3 up by now 

O'Donnell man of the match so far for me.

Robertson would be except for his crossing being low quality so far.

Russell started brightly enough but has vanished.

And McGinn's last five minutes were absolutely atrocious - he looks like he's blowing out of his arse.

Anyway, keep the head and get the breakthrough. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

8 minutes ago, faircity said:

Couldn't give two hoots who they play for. Sergio Porrini also played in Serie A, I shall leave it at that. 

This analogy doesnt make sense

If you are inferring Porrini was shite during his spells at Juventus and Rangers then you must watch a different game from everyone else

He wasnt world class but he wasnt shite either

However i agree with the sentiment regarding Albania in general and we shouldnt be struggling

4 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

It will come, allot of positives despite my reaction to the line up when it was announced.  Need to watch for the counter but Naismith and Russel and McGinn have been good. 

Disagree on Naismith, he looks a little behind the rest and he should have a goal or two by now. His miss was horrendous 

Guest faircity
2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

This analogy doesnt make sense

If you are inferring Porrini was shite during his spells at Juventus and Rangers then you must watch a different game from everyone else

He wasnt world class but he wasnt shite either

However i agree with the sentiment regarding Albania in general and we shouldnt be struggling

He was far closer to shite than to world class in my opinion. Each to their own though. Mignolet played for Liverpool in a top league, he is shite, numerous examples of shite players playing in top leagues.