Albania Match Thread (10/09/2018) - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Albania Match Thread (10/09/2018)

Clyde1998

I get where Kirk is coming from. If you feel passionate about something it can give you that little bit extra, when i I watch the rugby lads, they give it everything from the anthem to the field of play.

I’ve often suspected some of our players don’t really care that much about Scotland. I’m not saying that’s the case with tierney before some of the resident Celtic fans get upset

theres nothing wrong with wanting to see some passion and I don’t think Kirk is using this as a barometer for effort. 

18 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Strange post. 

Well maybe he's confused because he plays in front of cunts singing about Ireland and the IRA every week.

4 hours ago, Mox said:

Honestly, how many times do people like you have to be told, there is no direct correlation between players singing a national anthem and their performance, it's ukip level of thinking btw, it's embarrassing. Tierney was excellent the other night as his intelligence, ability, understanding and reading of the game are all more important than national pride, which btw doesn't go a long way towards anything.

The Italians sing their national anthem with passion and gusto everytime they play and they didn't qualify for the world cup, how do you explain that?

At no point did I say it would make him play any better? Would just like to see them all show a bit of pride and sing and he was the only one that didn't.

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Especially when the critic would rather spend his money on replica Barcelona tops than watching his team.

I've never bought a Barca top?

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I get where Kirk is coming from. If you feel passionate about something it can give you that little bit extra, when i I watch the rugby lads, they give it everything from the anthem to the field of play.

I’ve often suspected some of our players don’t really care that much about Scotland. I’m not saying that’s the case with tierney before some of the resident Celtic fans get upset

theres nothing wrong with wanting to see some passion and I don’t think Kirk is using this as a barometer for effort. 

That's pretty much all I was saying but, the Celtic fans are a bit precious about wee Kieran.

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Singing or not singing doesn't equal passion. He put in a good performance on the park. That's passionate enough for me.

I'd rather have 11 players who stand silent and win than a bunch of dumplings who like a wee jig and a sing song cos they're bursting with "national pride" 

Oh and his comments about Tierney preferring to sing the soldiers song make him look like an idiot.

Edited by Scotland Ever More

14 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Singing or not singing doesn't equal passion. He put in a good performance on the park. That's passionate enough for me.

I'd rather have 11 players who stand silent and win than a bunch of dumplings who like a wee jig and a sing song cos they're bursting with "national pride" 

Oh and his comments about Tierney preferring to sing the soldiers song make him look like an idiot.

I didn’t realise those were the only two options but thanks for clarifying.

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It is, I can't remember the last time I heard them sing it either at RP or CP against Killie.

If you are going to spout nonsense at least make it factual!

Celtic sing a lot of stuff that's questionable but not heard them sing Soldiers song in years.

I have definitely heard them sing it this season. 

34 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Yes it is actually but well done for turning a thread about the national team beating Albania into one slagging Celtic players and fans.

As above. All I said was Tierney should sing and you took offence. Nowhere did I slag his ability or performance. If people still wanted to discuss the game they would. 

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

As above. All I said was Tierney should sing and you took offence. Nowhere did I slag his ability or performance. If people still wanted to discuss the game they would. 

I didn't take offence. I pointed out that he's a footballer and not there to sing you a song through the TV. 

On 9/13/2018 at 1:17 PM, vanderark14 said:

a lot of the rugby team is often made up of English, Kiwis and Aussies. 

On 9/13/2018 at 4:17 PM, vanderark14 said:

You mean our rugby team, more than 50% of which were born outside of Scotland. Some even have no Scottish blood line and have moved to Scotland for good money, hired to play for the national team. 

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

You mean our rugby team, more than 50% of which were born outside of Scotland. Some even have no Scottish blood line and have moved to Scotland for good money, hired to play for the national team. 

A bit like our football team has been over the years.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

A bit like our football team has been over the years. Getting players from our most bitter rivals to play for us.

I’m not sure what you’re point is PS 

All I said was the rugby lads sing the anthem with more passion. 

Being a follower of both nationals side I think the rugby team shows more pride and passion for the country than the footballers do. That could be down to a number of factors, we haven’t had much of a feel good factor in football for more than ten years although for a while the rugby team was battling for a wooden spoon every year.