Albania Match Thread (10/09/2018) - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Albania Match Thread (10/09/2018)

Clyde1998

Just now, SkyBlueScot said:

Really pleased with O'Donnell tonight. Problem solved?

I agree. Still McKenna to return to compete with the others at CB too. 

Dare we even whisper it but are things actually look a little positive?

still Fraser to come back, Griffiths didn’t start, mctominey has potential, cairney to get involved

im positively beeming with positivity right now 😂😂

It's been a good performance tonight, but let's not get away from the fact that Albania are guff (and on tonight's performance I mean Faroe Islands guff). If we played a half decent team tonight, it might not have been so rosey, those McGinn passes could have been easily punished.

Makes you wonder how bad Israel are!

9 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

It's been a good performance tonight, but let's not get away from the fact that Albania are guff (and on tonight's performance I mean Faroe Islands guff). If we played a half decent team tonight, it might not have been so rosey, those McGinn passes could have been easily punished.

Makes you wonder how bad Israel are!

No way we should get carried away but there are positives tonight after the doom and gloom of Friday.

Fantastic result, looked composed and a good unit.  Many positives from that. For what its worth, both goals should be accredited to Naismith.  Shots goal bound are accredited to the attacker regardless if they strike an opposing player. 

Edited by romanticscot

3 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Fantastic result, looked composed and a good unit.  Many positives from that. For what its worth, both goals should be accredited to Naismith.  Shots goal bound are accredited to the attacker regardless if they strike an opposing player. 

If you get to see the replay, his header wasn't goalbound

21 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Really pleased with O'Donnell tonight. Problem solved?

Never a question in my mind.

Been watching this lad for 7 years and it's been obvious that the guy is physically and technically the best right back we've had in years. Praise to McLeish for giving him the opportunity to prove it.

He will have harder tests in the future for sure, but breaking him in v Albania and Israel is excellent for his development at this level.

And it also puts to bed the nonsense about playing Keiran Tierney at right back.

Just now, er yir macaroon said:

McGinn may get some criticism for those mistakes and rightly so, but i can’t remember seeing a better tackler than him, with a bit of Kenny Dalglish use of the arse thrown in. I though he was the best player on the pitch by a mile opening sentence aside. 

I agree with this. He may have made a couple of errors, but he exposed way more errors in the opposite, won the ball back, broke down play, and put us on the front foot with his energy. Excellent display. 

Dont get carried away!!

They were shite!!

Never attacked us.. italian.

We shout top this group...

Dont let the SFA get away with playing the friendly game we did and playing this match at hampden!!!

Vital!!!

I expect a bigger crowd for the isreal game but was we should we should win this group

Still great win!!!

McGinn man of the match. If he doesn't break 50 caps I'll be amazed.

O'Donnell not far behind. In a 442, he is a dead cert for RB. And a seemingly more than capable back up for Ryan Fraser in RWB.

Everyone singing Callum McGregor's praises, but I felt he wasted umpteen chances that didn't even reach the keeper. Heavily involved and eager, which is what you want to see. On another day he'd have had a brace.

1 minute ago, Tartan blood said:

McGinn man of the match. If he doesn't break 50 caps I'll be amazed.

O'Donnell not far behind. In a 442, he is a dead cert for RB. And a seemingly more than capable back up for Ryan Fraser in RWB.

Everyone singing Callum McGregor's praises, but I felt he wasted umpteen chances that didn't even reach the keeper. Heavily involved and eager, which is what you want to see. On another day he'd have had a brace.

Fraser prefers left mid - we may have to find a new role for him as SOD is the one in possession now.