Serious question about Ryan Jack - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serious question about Ryan Jack

BraveheartGordon

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Booing anyone in a Scotland shirt is out of order, particularly for a club issue.

I didn’t know about Lee Wallace getting booed. When was that?

I thought the question was going to be would he be near the squad if he wasn’t at Rangers?

:lol:

I think he’s pish, but if he gets picked for Scotland he’ll have my support.

I thought the same.  He's rank rotten.

We need players with a bit of presence in midfield, especially against techinically better sides.  He's got nothing going for him that i can see.

2 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

In my time I have seen a multitude of abhorrently bad players playing for Scotland and none of them were booed for “being shite”. Absolute nonsense.

If we are looking for a 'common denominator' on the three players mentioned, I think 'shite' is a fair answer. I didn't say that is why there were boo'd

As an Aberdeen fan I would never boo a Scotland player onto pitch due to their club allegiance and I didn't hear any booing on Friday when Jack came on  ( around section P2)

I think that the situation at Holland game at Pittodrie related more to Dons fans who don't normally go to Scotland games and it was mostly to do with  the bad feeling about the specifics surrounding his departure .His captaincy ahead of Shinnie was also a significant gripe amongst Dons fans

Even this would have lessened if Shinnie had been allowed to make his debut at the ground where he is captain .McLean was leaving, Christie on loan and Jack had left in bad circumstances but all 3 played. Giving Shinnie 10 or 15 minutes as a sub in a friendly would have helped .

For those of us who are Aberdeen and Scotland regulars many were hacked off that he didn't get a chance especially having shelled out for a meaningless Malta game in Portugal when he was about the only unused sub

That all said I still wouldn't nor would I condone booing Jack.

That all said he is not a player I particularly rate and his selling of the goal against Belgium was  fairly typical  of his shortcomings 

Edited by wee Erchie

26 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

So all you’re really confirming is that you don’t actially know who it was 👌

The only people I heard booing Jack had Aberdonian accents and there was a faint whiff of sheep dip emanating from their direction so I put 2 and 2 together. 

Are you a solicitor? You sound like a solicitor. 

Didn't hear any boos when Jack came on or when his name was called in the squad. Likewise with Allan McGregor. Strangely, only comments I'd seen were on Twitter from Rangers' fans who were unlikely in attendance playing the victim card again. 

Club allegiances mean absolutely nothing on international duty. Pulling on the dark blue is much bigger than that.   

He was booed by a very small number of morons. Heard at the stadium so definitely not something added by Sky as some ridiculously alleged.

We need to police ourselves here and if we are standing near someone booing a Scotland player then tell them to shut up and get behind the full team. Club allegiances are left at the turnstile when you support Scotland.

Edited by jcluk

3 minutes ago, jcluk said:

He was booed by a very small number of morons. Heard at the stadium so definitely not something added by Sky as some ridiculously alleged.

We need to police ourselves here and if we are standing near someone booing a Scotland player then tell them to shut up and get behind the full team. Club allegiances are left at the turnstile when you support Scotland.

I can’t remember who said that but I’m fairly sure they weren’t being serious. 

I hope not anyway or this board has hit a new low. 

9 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

but then Allan McGregor doesnt get boo'd and that sort of fucks that argument up a wee bit

And he didn't move from the Dons to the Gers.  Thats the problem - at the Netherlands game there were cunts frothing over Jack.  

It's a minority but some have such a hatred it's fucking embarrassing. 

On 9/11/2018 at 2:28 PM, PapofGlencoe said:

I thought the same.  He's rank rotten.

We need players with a bit of presence in midfield, especially against techinically better sides.  He's got nothing going for him that i can see.

He's been outstanding in Rangers games in  Europe' praised by Gerrard (who knows about midfield play) and very composed under pressure.

50 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

He's been outstanding in Rangers games in  Europe' praised by Gerrard (who knows about midfield play) and very composed under pressure.

Of course his own boss is going to praise him FFS. Tommy Wright praises the fuck out of Murray Davidson. Does that mean he should get a game? 😂

18 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Steven Gerrard must know that his central midfield is an issue and will be regretting not really rectifying it in the Summer...there is no way he can think that Ryan Jack is the long-term answer, but hes hardly going to say anything negative about him given that hes probably the best that he has at the moment.

I watched Jack closely at Fir Park a few weeks ago, and I thought he was bordering on absolutely diabolical in that match...he and Halliday got bullied by Campbell