Serious question about Ryan Jack - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serious question about Ryan Jack

BraveheartGordon

Booing anyone in a Scotland shirt is out of order, particularly for a club issue.

I didn’t know about Lee Wallace getting booed. When was that?

I thought the question was going to be would he be near the squad if he wasn’t at Rangers?

:lol:

I think he’s pish, but if he gets picked for Scotland he’ll have my support.

33 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I obviously can't be 100% certain but I'm fairly confident that if Jack had signed for Sunderland or Southampton in the same manner he wouldn't be getting booed.  

On the other 2, I can understand the flimsy reasoning behind Black being booed (other than him being a khunt) but I can't see any reason for Wallace other than him being a Rangers player?

He would’ve, if it was Aberdeen fans to blame, because he’s a lying wee prick. 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Great.  Have a dig at Rangers fans for being disgruntled about a Rangers player being booed by his own supporters on international duty.  Every supporter should be pissed off by this regardless of where their club allegiances lie.

Apologies i have worded that wrong when i stated knuckle draggers. I was refering to those who wish to cause division, religiously or politically, this is the Scottish National team, politics and religion should not be anywhere near it,along with club loyalties. After scrolling through a few rangers forums there is definitely an element of the rangers fanbase whom want to exaggerate the issue(if there is one) i found it very refreshing the amount of rangers fans who refused to be sucked in on these forums and not buy in to the anti-national team that some are pushing, Again apologies if it came across i was generalising all rangers fans  however there is a small element within their ranks pushing this anti national team to suite their own agenda..     

4 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I agree. If you can't let club issues go for 90 mins then internationals aren't for you.

That being said, I do find it slightly amusing that the complainants are the same group who used to congregate in the west stand booing Celtic players (who were some of the best in Europe at the time) and singing the sash.

I’m the complaininant here and I’ve neber done that.

”Whataboutery” at its finest.

6 minutes ago, BraveheartGordon said:

In my time I have seen a multitude of abhorrently bad players playing for Scotland and none of them were booed for “being shite”. Absolute nonsense.

McAllister was booed for being shite. 

Not that he was actually shite but the more intellectually challenged among the Scotland support wouldn’t let a little thing like that get in the way of a good booing. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

So Aberdeen fans can't leave club issues at home, good to know.

I explicitly stated "i wouldn't have booed him". 

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

we all need to try get this element out of the fanbase of the National  team 

Yeah, that's what Scotland needs. Even less fans. 

Top notch solution.

6 minutes ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Funny with all the old firm stuff that goes on the most abuse on this forum is always from petty Aberdeen fans.

Who's giving abuse on this forum? You asked a question, i answered it. 

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

McAllister was booed for being shite. 

Not that he was actually shite but the more intellectually challenged among the Scotland support wouldn’t let a little thing like that get in the way of a good booing. 

Mcallister was booed at parkhead because he missed the penalty at wembley. A few neds behind us were doing it but were soon told to shut the f$$k up which they did. Never boo a player of your own team club or country. Even if u think they are shite. They are trying their best. In terms of scotland club issues shouldnt come in to it. And as as i know it doesnt. But it certainly did 40 yeard ago right enough. How the worm has turned.

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

In fairness you were pretty abusive about  Ryan Jack.

Not that he’s likely to frequent this board. 

And i will be again; Ryan Jack is a lying, sleekit, rat-faced cunt. :ok: 

8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Mcallister was booed at parkhead because he missed the penalty at wembley. A few neds behind us were doing it but were soon told to shut the f$$k up which they did. Never boo a player of your own team club or country. Even if u think they are shite. They are trying their best. In terms of scotland club issues shouldnt come in to it. And as as i know it doesnt. But it certainly did 40 yeard ago right enough. How the worm has turned.

It happened more than once.

He was booed periodically when his performances weren’t great. The catalyst for this was the penalty miss of course. 

The booing at Celtic Park when we were playing the Czech Republic was the final straw and he retired from international football because of the ongoing abuse. The booing started that night when he lost the ball to Berger (I.e ‘being shite’) in midfield and the Czechs nearly scored from it. He was never booed when he played well. 

I’m certainly not condoning it. Football ‘supporters’ should never boo their own players for any reason in my opinion. 

I understand why Aberdeen fans don’t like Ryan Jack but they should be adult enough to not act like spoilt children when they are supposed to be supporting Scotland. 

19 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I dont think we need taggart for this one.

Sure don't. Just like we don't need Taggart to work out that you're previously banned member "ron" aka Ron McPherson. 

5 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I agree. If you can't let club issues go for 90 mins then internationals aren't for you.

That being said, I do find it slightly amusing that the complainants are the same group who used to congregate in the west stand booing Celtic players (who were some of the best in Europe at the time) and singing the sash.

Given that was 50 odd years ago I doubt many are still alive.

33 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It happened more than once.

He was booed periodically when his performances weren’t great. The catalyst for this was the penalty miss of course. 

The booing at Celtic Park when we were playing the Czech Republic was the final straw and he retired from international football because of the ongoing abuse. The booing started that night when he lost the ball to Berger (I.e ‘being shite’) in midfield and the Czechs nearly scored from it. He was never booed when he played well. 

I’m certainly not condoning it. Football ‘supporters’ should never boo their own players for any reason in my opinion. 

I understand why Aberdeen fans don’t like Ryan Jack but they should be adult enough to not act like spoilt children when they are supposed to be supporting Scotland. 

correct. And the booing (from what I sensed at least) seemed to be a manifestation of many supporter's frustrations towards Paw Broon for stubbornly persevering with an out of form old guard........