Serious question about Ryan Jack - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serious question about Ryan Jack

BraveheartGordon

Was he booed onto the pitch on Friday because he’s a Rangers player?

its not the first time this has happened and there was a fair amount of whataboutery the 2 pervious occasions with Black at Easter Road and Jack again at Pittodrie.

The standard response I’ve had was “its because he’s crap” but I’ve seen players play for Scotland who are so bad they make Ryan Jack look world class and none of them were booed.

Keep the club pish to your Saturday afternoons and turn up at Hampden to get behind EVERY player, I’d never boo a player for Scotland because I didn’t like him or his club domestically. Disgrace.

It's disgraceful. Pulling on the shirt for his national team should be among the proudest moments of the lad's life, and some absolute eejits are tarnishing that by having a complete lack of understanding of what it means to support Scotland. I really hope he's strong enough to not let it get to him, and that he know it's not coming from the majority of us.

Yes my club team is Rangers, and yes I'd love to see Ryan Jack getting the better of an Aberdeen or Celtic team (though that's not really on the cards at the moment), but first and foremost I'm a member of the Tartan Army, my main team is Scotland, and whether it be Jack, Shinnie, or Tierney, when I see them come on or go off the pitch I will give them the biggest cheer and clap I can muster because I know they have just gone out there to do they best they can representing our team and our country.

45 minutes ago, andyD said:

Don't care who a players' club is when they're in a Scotland shirt, they're a Scotland player.

That’s exactly how I see things. 

Some but not all rangers fans are absolutely desperate for this to be because jack is a rangers player. 

I wouldn’t boo him unless he had the gun top on but if he comes on for Scotland that takes a back seat.

There’s been players booed that aren’t rangers players too. 

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

That’s exactly how I see things. 

Some but not all rangers fans are absolutely desperate for this to be because jack is a rangers player. 

I wouldn’t boo him unless he had the gun top on but if he comes on for Scotland that takes a back seat.

There’s been players booed that aren’t rangers players too. 

What’s a gun top???

I agree. If you can't let club issues go for 90 mins then internationals aren't for you.

That being said, I do find it slightly amusing that the complainants are the same group who used to congregate in the west stand booing Celtic players (who were some of the best in Europe at the time) and singing the sash.

We need to self police this as a support, as an aberdeen fan i know the dislike jack has within our club, if he was booed(which i was unaware of until now) it is completely unacceptable, it gives the knuckle draggers within the rangers support ammunition to further their cause, so disappointed if this is true. As i said i never heard a thing 

16 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

We need to self police this as a support, as an aberdeen fan i know the dislike jack has within our club, if he was booed(which i was unaware of until now) it is completely unacceptable, it gives the knuckle draggers within the rangers support ammunition to further their cause, so disappointed if this is true. As i said i never heard a thing 

Why bring the Rangers support into it when it’s the knuckle draggers within the Aberdeen support to blame?

22 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Great.  Have a dig at Rangers fans for being disgruntled about a Rangers player being booed by his own supporters on international duty.  Every supporter should be pissed off by this regardless of where their club allegiances lie.

59 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'd imagine he gets booed because he's a wee lying, judas cunt. Not just because he plays with Rangers. 

I wouldn't have booed him on Friday though. 

I think you're being a bit simplistic.  In recent times we've seen (heard) Jack, Black and Wallace all getting booed while playing for Scotland.  It's not rocket surgery to figure out the common denominator.  Now I'm not saying Rangers fans are entirely blameless here with their "hate the TA" pish but lets not put lipstick on a pig!

Just now, Fairbairn said:

I think you're being a bit simplistic.  In recent times we've seen (heard) Jack, Black and Wallace all getting booed while playing for Scotland.  It's not rocket surgery to figure out the common denominator.  Now I'm not saying Rangers fans are entirely blameless here with their "hate the TA" pish but lets not put lipstick on a pig!

Maybe. However none of them were booed "just because they play with Rangers". Otherwise every Rangers player would get booed.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I'd imagine he gets booed because he's a wee lying, judas cunt. Not just because he plays with Rangers. 

I wouldn't have booed him on Friday though. 

And the only folk booing him for that would be Aberdeen fans.

Bad form.

He actually got a good reception around where I was sat but I think that was more down to folk pre empting the tits booing and trying to drown it out.

23 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Maybe. However none of them were booed "just because they play with Rangers". Otherwise every Rangers player would get booed.

I obviously can't be 100% certain but I'm fairly confident that if Jack had signed for Sunderland or Southampton in the same manner he wouldn't be getting booed.  

On the other 2, I can understand the flimsy reasoning behind Black being booed (other than him being a khunt) but I can't see any reason for Wallace other than him being a Rangers player?

41 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

The common denominator for me is that the three of them are/were shite...that said, boo'ing a player representing Scotland is baffling