Is getting gubbed in the Nations League our best chance of qualifying for the next World Cup? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is getting gubbed in the Nations League our best chance of qualifying for the next World Cup?

mentalist

40 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Tbh there are alot of scenerios regarding this nations league and qualifying for the euros and I haven't exactly gotten to grips with them all  but even if you just look at it from a simplistic viewpoint it's a great opportunity for us to get a playoff spot as Albania and Israel are not exactly tough teams. If we are well managed then we should be expecting to beat this level of opposition. Anyways a quick question for those in the know, if we do top our group and get a playoff spot is this playoff against another league c team or is it against all other teams that topped their groups obviously minus the automatic qualifiers?

If you win your group you are guaranteed a to playoff against teams in the same league or lower. 

I can’t see any teams from League D getting to the playoffs (apart from the group winners obviously) so if we win our group we will be playing off against other League C teams. 

If we come second in our group we could still make the playoffs but we would probably be playing against teams from League B or possibly A if any of them fail to qualify in the normal way. 

29 minutes ago, borojock said:

Just had a run through the Albanian team that started on Friday and there is nothing world class and other then the GK and RB there is nothing great 

I really think if we get the formation, style and tactics right we could get this campaign off to a great start 

Might be handy having someone decent on our left then to keep him busy.