Outlaw King - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, Lobey said:

Some of it was shot 2 mins away from me in Glasgow University, also up at Mugdock and some was at Dunfermline Abbey - here's a list of places used -

https://inews.co.uk/culture/film/outlaw-king-filming-locations-netflix-movie-where-filmed-scotland-visit/

Despite what that says anyone can access the quads at Glasgow pretty much any time - I always use it as a shortcut when heading up to Byres road.

Mugdock is well worth a visit if you haven't been - I was at  a wedding a few years back held in the tower - there used to be a zoo with lions right next to the house (which is pretty much all gone now) - I believe Sir Hugh Fraser once owned it all - I recall a tale of it being burnt down deliberately for a film in the 60's.

Ah here's a link - Craigend Castle is what the "house" part was called , no mention of the fire -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craigend_Castle

and for completeness here's the Mugdock Castle entry - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mugdock_Castle

My wee sister got married at Glasgow Uni in the summer, so was quite cool seeing it in the movie last night when I watched it.

• 2 weeks later...

Judging it purely as a film i.e. a piece of entertainment and nothing else, I would say it is average at best - I found it pretty slow and, dare I say it, downright boring in parts..

Overall, it was watchable - just, but I wouldn't watch it again.

Edited by Robbo `81

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 2:48 AM, Scotty CTA said:

Thought of you and took this snap...

mwfyf7.jpg

cheers mate ; you ve been back over then ; sorry i dont get on here much these days so been a while since your post

think thats the bottom corner as you leave auchinyell road ? ; the top end of the hill is a stand alone sign on a 'wee dike' where we held jumble sales ; circa 1974

was a great street to grow up from a football perspective ; a large number of staunch AFC and Scotland fans growing up ; remember boy at bottom of street had an ajax top though, that was as exotic as it got , which is fine by me

always felt bad for the folk in the house by the bus stop ; quite regularly someone would lose control coming down auchinyell bridge and total their hedge , garden etc

pub wise the copper / caledon / dee motel are no more so no pub 

On 11/18/2018 at 1:07 PM, davierobbsagod said:

I can remember when there were train tracks still there  ,no trains though,the plotties also separated us plebs from Deeside/morningside,

i remember watching the trains with crane dismantling the line ; but never actually on the trains there ; i also mind seeing the fine fare at bridge of dee being built ; deep down in the foundations - never saw the dog track tho

i recall reading an article about a potential 2nd Aberdeen team/south end - suggestion was Leggart area but i always suspected the dog track was the plan ,,, think was 50s ? and an ex Aberdeen player who became a dentist was involved - was in an old Dons book, cant see anything online though