Ian Crocker - why have sky not replaced this guy - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ian Crocker - why have sky not replaced this guy

jamboman

4 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Just imagine if England games were constantly commentated by a Scotsman. It really cannot be hard to find a Scottish commentator

It's a thorny one.

Look at our terrestrial Television; it's filled with English shows, English commercials and English presenters. The Term "BBC Scotland" and "STV" are mere labels. Our entire television coverage is English. That being said, you can hardly be surprised about SKY coverage being the same.

Personally, I don't mind the guy. I'm more concerned about our poor team, rather than a commentator. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Seriously getting pissed off with Crocker last night, the amount of 'are Scotland going to fuck it up again' commentary was embarrassing. It was as if he was willing Israel to score

His worst comment was after the Israeli 2nd goal went in and he said "that's more like it from Scotland". Prick

Aye cannot stand Crocker. It just feels as if him and Provan cannot wait to revel in Scotland doing badly. I always mind the commentator we had during the Euro 2008 campaign, Bill Leslie possilby, was English i think but a great commentator i thought.

On 10/28/2018 at 5:27 PM, Malcolm said:

A Scottish commentator and somebody like Michael Stewart as pundit

Yeah get Archie back. 

WOOOOOOOF!

Seriously though, Sky could get someone like Rob McLean or Paul Mitchell easily enough if they really wanted. They are obviously happy with Crocker though.

Michael Stewart is a bellend. 

That Davie Provan needs a bayonet right up the farter. He sounded devastated when Scotland scored yet sounded over the moon when Israel were looking good

After Israel’s first the camera panned to McLeish talking to McFadden/Grant and he came out with “I don’t understand the point Alex McLeish is trying to make”

I darent day you would Davie boy seen as how he’s speaking to his assistant while your probably 100yrds away

How that cunt has made a living from co-commentating I’ll never

Thats a further 6 years we’ll have to endure him and that other bawbag Andy Walker. It’s the whole AIDS or Ebola scenario when it comes to deciding who you’d prefer as co-commentator between the pair of them

Davie Provan should stick to organising buses because he can co-commentate fuck all

On 10/27/2018 at 9:22 AM, Toepoke said:

The guy has annoyed me ever since I was watching the Belgium away game in a Glasgow pub in 2001.

"THE TARTAN ARMY'S JAPANESE DREAM IS IN TATTERS"

"F**K OFF" was the collective response from the boozers.

That must’ve been Jonathan Pearce because the Belgium game was on Channel 5 that night