Ian Crocker - why have sky not replaced this guy - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ian Crocker - why have sky not replaced this guy

jamboman

21 hours ago, bonny78 said:

He played. 

Yes. In the first match against the Faroes and less than a half in the second match against Lithuania. 

I think it was because that team was good that he never played again. 

Like I said. A decent player in a crap team. Once we were half decent, he dropped out. 

• 4 weeks later...

Who's the erse of a summariser who practically wills the ball into our net? Every decision we get we're lucky, all the ones that go against us are quite right, the other team have barely got out of first gear... 

We slag off the English commentators for being too partisan but fck me...

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

Who's the erse of a summariser who practically wills the ball into our net? Every decision we get we're lucky, all the ones that go against us are quite right, the other team have barely got out of first gear... 

We slag off the English commentators for being too partisan but fck me...

Is it not davie provan?   He used to do sky.  

Crocker is an actual racist. His vehement bitterness at having to commentate on lowly Scottish national team games is self evident in every game. He actually sounds irritated whenever we score. He´s part and parcel of an overall negative manifestation era in Scottish football history. By the time we qualify for something that guy will be long gone, I'm quite sure of that!!! 

5 minutes ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

Crocker is an actual racist. His vehement bitterness at having to commentate on lowly Scottish national team games is self evident in every game. He actually sounds irritated whenever we score. He´s part and parcel of an overall negative manifestation era in Scottish football history. By the time we qualify for something that guy will be long gone, I'm quite sure of that!!! 

Lot of angry old gammons in this thread but this is top class, next level stuff.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Lot of angry old gammons in this thread but this is top class, next level stuff.

LOL!

Its actually spot on though. Does nobody see how anti-scottish he is?

Why dont Sky do something about him.

Cant count the amount of times he brought up we got hammered by belgium and that we have lost 6 out of 8 games. FFS. We know we are crap so shut it!

How about just commentate on the game??

1 hour ago, jamboman said:

LOL!

Its actually spot on though. Does nobody see how anti-scottish he is?

Why dont Sky do something about him.

Cant count the amount of times he brought up we got hammered by belgium and that we have lost 6 out of 8 games. FFS. We know we are crap so shut it!

How about just commentate on the game??

Commentator providing stats and a bit of background on the teams competing, may God have mercy on us all.

Guest faircity

Regardless of whether he is anti-scottish or not, he is a shit commentator. His idea of preparation appears to be to learn a handful of stats then repeat each one of them several times throughout the match.

He should be removed because he is shite at his job. 

2 hours ago, Chripper said:

To be honest, we should be focussing on the players and the manager and the SFA and the Scottish domestic clubs and the SPFL, etc, for letting us down.

I couldn't care less who commentates on Scotland matches and it should be the last thing to complain about.

When in times of crisis, people will quite literally focus on anything that they deem acceptable even if it is of zero consequence to the national team. A more embarrassing thread I cannot imagine.

9 minutes ago, Mox said:

When in times of crisis, people will quite literally focus on anything that they deem acceptable even if it is of zero consequence to the national team. A more embarrassing thread I cannot imagine.

Agreed.

Forget about the fat cats of the SFA, the incompetence of everyone in Scottish football, from top to bottom... forget about the fact that our players lack basic footballing skills. Nah, let's diss the commentator.

4 hours ago, faircity said:

Regardless of whether he is anti-scottish or not, he is a shit commentator. His idea of preparation appears to be to learn a handful of stats then repeat each one of them several times throughout the match.

He should be removed because he is shite at his job. 

This. You can hear the same 'stats' from him at least half dozen times in a match. Embarrassing for a professional commentator that has spent years supposedly following our game

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

8 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

This. You can hear the same 'stats' from him at least half dozen times in a match. Embarrassing for a professional commentator that has spent years supposedly following our game

If he knew anything about scottish football and its fans he would resign

Just because.......

The Manager is shite

The team are shite

Our results are shite

The SFA are shite.....

doesn’t mean we can’t point out when a commentator is a complete and utter cock of a man.

6 times in 90 minutes last night he reminded us that we were losing to Portugal Reserves.

How can that be anything other than spiteful. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve never heard his comments during Scotland matches because I’m at the match but it can’t be any worse than listening to the likes of Mccoist with rangers or Sutton with Celtic both trying to convince me I’m watching something special when its against weaker opposition