Ian Crocker - why have sky not replaced this guy - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ian Crocker - why have sky not replaced this guy

jamboman

4 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Same old shite from him (about 10 times in a game). I fail to believe sky cannot get a decent Scottish commentator. Sorry, but crocker will never have the same passion

Rob McCLean?

Archie McGobHun??

Liam fucking McLeod???

I'll have Crocker over those anytime.

Sky will never ever be able to afford Rory Hamilton or Derek Rae.

Watched the Slovenia-Scotland game with Irish mates. They couldn't believe how negative Crocker is, or why we'd put up with it. But then they're used to having their own media that doesn't cater to England.

19 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

You watch sky then you are part of the problem. Sky have always treated Scottish football as a  joke but anyone who pays them money has no right to complain. 

That's part of the reason why i push IPTV to anyone that'll listen. Watch it, and pay them nothing 

9 hours ago, jamboman said:

He is the most anti-scottish commentator ever!!! Also looking to make fun of us 

And... He is English!!!

Couldn’t agree more, he’s awful. I’ve never understood why they don’t poach a Scottish commentator from the bbc 

On 9/10/2018 at 8:48 PM, Barney Rubble said:

I think he's been decent tonight so far. Unlike Union Davie Provan.

Exactly.  Provan is a total bellend. I swear he wants scotland to fail and constantly waxes lyrical about every mundane thing the opposition does.  "Terrific throw in". "Terrific corner". Terrific random punt up the park.  Can't stand the guy. 

Edited by todd
Spelling

On 9/14/2018 at 8:43 PM, todd said:

Exactly.  Provan is a total bellend. I swear he wants scotland to fail and constantly waxes lyrical about every mundane thing the opposition does.  "Terrific throw in". "Terrific corner". Terrific random punt up the park.  Can't stand the guy. 

Accurate 

On Friday, September 14, 2018 at 5:43 PM, todd said:

I mind watching the game in Paris in 2007 on Sky, after Flower of Scotland was belted out by the massed away support the English commentator  (wasnae Crocker) said something like "Wow! How do you follow that?"  To which Provan replied "I can't wait til we get a better anthem to sing" or words to that effect. His colleague sounded bewildered indeed!

On 9/14/2018 at 5:43 PM, todd said:

Terrific post

On 9/14/2018 at 5:43 PM, todd said:

The thick twat also refers to everything as “ver decent”. You can’t have very decent you stupid knob. If you mean very good (which you clearly do), say very good.

On 9/7/2018 at 9:13 PM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Same old shite from him (about 10 times in a game). I fail to believe sky cannot get a decent Scottish commentator. Sorry, but crocker will never have the same passion

I’m surprised we’re not still getting two old favoutrites of his...

”the Hong Kong pub team” and Nigel Quashie coming from “the Scottish footballing hotbed of Peckham”.

Neither were funny if he’d said them only once, but he mentioned them every feckin game for ages.

6 minutes ago, Marky said:

I’m surprised we’re not still getting two old favoutrites of his...

”the Hong Kong pub team” and Nigel Quashie coming from “the Scottish footballing hotbed of Peckham”.

Neither were funny if he’d said them only once, but he mentioned them every feckin game for ages.

Quashie is a Scotland legend.