Clapping the opposition's goal - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Clapping the opposition's goal

Scotland Ever More

I find it hard not to show some appreciation when someone does something that's top class.

I watched the Scotland v England 2-2 game down the pub and my friend and I both gave a couple of claps and said "that's brilliant" when your player scored that second free kick, having already done it a few minutes earlier.

That said, I was more relaxed about that game because I never really expected us not to qualify. I'm sure I wouldn't be so generous if it was in a world cup finals knockout game.

6 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Applauding Hazard’s goal and booing Jack’s name when he was listed as sub on the screen and again when he came on (East stand). 

We dinnae half have some bellends in our support 😏

Yip. Cunts who boo Scotland players shouldn't be going to internationals.

7 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I could possibly understand it if it’s something outstanding, like Ronaldo v Juve, Zidane CL final goal. Nothing last night even close to those levels. They had some clinical finishes from individual mistakes. That was it.

He hit the ball v hard but it was straight through Gordon

Plus Fraser is no right back and let him past too easy

Both harsh assessments maybe but still, no need to clap

Edited by Bino's

4 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Yip. Cunts who boo Scotland players shouldn't be going to internationals.

During the game, absolutely agree aye.

Had a couple of right zoomers behind us at the Lithuania game a couple of years ago booing the team with not even five minutes on the clock. Pathetic.

After the game has ended though and particularly after a shambolic performance such as last night and it’s a perfectly fair and understandable reaction.

I’ll caveat that by saying I’m referring to booing the team in general or individual players for rotten performances. Booing individuals based on which club they play for or because they left one club to join another is always cretinous behaviour.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

• 5 years later...

I might grasp it for exceptional moments, such as Ronaldo against Juve or Zidane's CL final goal. However, nothing from last night approached those heights. The goals stemmed mostly from individual errors, lacking the extraordinary quality seen in those iconic instances.

https://pmkisanyojanastatus.com/

Edited by Penelope78