Belgium Match Thread (07/09/2018) - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Belgium Match Thread (07/09/2018)

Clyde1998

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Are you implying McGinn was innocent?

No he should not have asked for it, but gordon sees the entire game and can see dembele ready to close. Would you pass the ball to someone who is about to be closed down?? No

His experience needs to stand out here. Slow it down!!

Also i thought he should have given away a penalty 

2 minutes ago, jamboman said:

No he should not have asked for it, but gordon sees the entire game and can see dembele ready to close. Would you pass the ball to someone who is about to be closed down?? No

His experience needs to stand out here. Slow it down!!

Also i thought he should have given away a penalty 

Yes

Yes

Yes

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

That ball should never have been played, regardless of how quickly or slowly he played it. 

Far too many players around that area to even attempt it. 

👍

Terrible goal to lose. Gordon should have been aware of the Belgians swarming.

Otherwise the performance has been pretty impressive. Generally, much sharper than usual. 

Just now, Jim Beem said:

Poor from both, bad decision from Gordon but if McGinn cant take that in quickly and lay it off with the time he had he shouldn’t be playing at this level.

Gordon all day long.

Would he have done the same rolling it right or left in a similar situation?

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

👍

Terrible goal to lose. Gordon should have been aware of the Belgians swarming.

Otherwise the performance has been pretty impressive. Generally, much sharper than usual. 

Yeah a few promising glimpses of mcGregor, Armstrong. McDonald quietly going about his business as well but could get on the ball a bit more for me.

I can see what Gordon and McGinn were trying. Quick ball and counter. Probably our only chance to get it forward. Went badly wrong though! I don’t totally agree with comments about not giving someone the ball when they’ve someone on them - that’s when you want it ‘cos you know where the opposition is. I agree that you don’t do it on your own 18 yarder. McGinn didn’t protect the ball. Shame, because he’s been good.

4 minutes ago, Redz said:

Gordon can see what is happening ahead of McGinn.

McGinn cannot.

So why is McGinn calling for the ball then??

Collective irresponsibility on that goal across Gordon , the defence and McGinn. The reaction after McGinn lost the ball from the rest of the defence - which ultimately allowed Lukaku to score a playground goal - was unacceptable.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Just now, Jim Beem said:

Not disputing that but he still had ample time to get that under and make a simple pass. His touch was brutal for any area of the pitch let alone near his own box

No probs Jim, we'll simply need to disagree, which is fine.

He would never put his LB or RB in the same situation though.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

So why is McGinn calling for the ball then??

Collective irresponsibility on that goal across Gordon , the defence and McGinn. The reaction after McGinn lost the ball from the rest of the defence which ultimately allowed Lukaku to score a playground goal was unacceptable.

'Cut & Paste'

Gordon can see what is happening ahead of McGinn.

McGinn cannot.