TONIGHT'S PRICES - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TONIGHT'S PRICES

Exglasgowasc

Long since chucked the SSC and not been at an away match since Malta a couple of years ago I thought ok nice night and I could make it along  tonight so i looked at the SFA site and thought I'll buy a ticket. Not a chance. £30 for the West Stand for a friendly. Seriously??? I know it's cheaper for SSC members and there are various deals etc, but with the blatant corruption going on with regards to dodgy decisions and appeals etc this season so far how the hell do they hope to attract punters to come along on a whim at these prices??? Just reaffirms one of my reasons to chuck it. 

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

I don't agree with the pricing either but how much would a gig cost tonight..... Just askin like? 

A gig could potentially let you see 4-5 bands for 4-5 hours of entertainment and if you’re a fan, you know exactly what you’re paying for. 

Completely wrong scenario to compare. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

A gig could potentially let you see 4-5 bands for 4-5 hours of entertainment and if you’re a fan, you know exactly what you’re paying for. 

Completely wrong scenario to compare. 

Personally I go to see the headline, seen some good supports but 25 quid for a night out in Glasgow? 

2 hours ago, Alan said:

Friday was seeing the 3rd best team in the World. Live. In the flesh. Ticket price was totally worth it.  Sky Sports on tv has messed with peoples heads.

It's about time Sky's influence was called into question - especially at Hampden Park. 

Last night was against the third best team in the world. Cracking players them all. And the attendance on a Friday night was 20,000. 

I am no marketing guru, but I know a few basics. And for that kind of fixture, if 40,000 was not achieved there are two questions: 1) Was it priced properly and 2} Was the fixture ever attractive to the public in the first place.

Edited by Barney Rubble

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, Exglasgowasc said:

I'm going to watch an event at the Hydro in October and it's not costing me £30. 

I went to Pittodrie with the 2nd shitest view from an away section in the league and it cost me £26 last weekend.

Football in this country is too expensive, £20 should be the max price for any game. Obviously the old firm will want to charge each other £50 but just make a rule up for them. We do with everything else!

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, Alan said:

Friday was seeing the 3rd best team in the World. Live. In the flesh. Ticket price was totally worth it.  Sky Sports on tv has messed with peoples heads.

Ticket price really wasn't, I was there to see Scotland, not the opposition. We got horsed, zero fun or entertainment in that. 

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, Alan said:

I hate this patter. Why would I want to get charged more to see a team pump Scotland? Fuck Belgium. I don't want to see Lukaku, Hazard and Dembele gliding around the park. I'd rather pay to watch a game we might actually win.

Folk that are always wanting to watch the biggest and best play us are for the watching. More of a football fan than a Scotland fan.

The last point isn't a dig at you, more at modern football culture.

Edited by Tartan_McCole