Let's give the girls our support in France - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Let's give the girls our support in France

Letsdoit

It won't happen but would be a good thing if a few thousand TA went through to France to cheer the girls on, treat it like we do with our men's teams go there have a party and shock the world, just imagine a few thousand TA cheering the girls on and the fun we could have at a major tournament I forget what that is like, respect to the team and they deserve a good following they have more determination and passion to play for the country than a lot of their male counterparts, joy to see them celebrating the success and some real good players in there also. 

Cool pall your not invited, still bet they would run rings round you always a negative one, and to be honest with you some o the skill on show is not too bad at all for competitive football, it's improving and so is the fan base and media coverage, what I do love is that they all give a fuck no call offs with excuses, great togetherness and play with a seance o pride when playing for the country the way it used to be for the men before the greed took over and clubs dictated, and yes the women would be the same if all things were on par bit they are not and they really give there all, try watching some without prejudice, look at the comeback vs Poland look at some clips of the players being interviewed and what it means to them to play for scotland, watch some you tube clips of some great goals scored by talented women who have to work and also dedicate there time to the sport they love, and as for tennis no your OK pall I love football. 

26 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

No chance. They've done very well, but come on ... cue debate on wummins football 🙄.

Have you ever watched wummins football? It's worse than watching the men, and if you just want something Scottish to succeed, away and party when murray snr plays in a mixed doubles game.

using your logic, scottish fitba should fuck off because its not the same standard as the EPL, La Liga etc

Football is football

32 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

No chance. They've done very well, but come on ... cue debate on wummins football 🙄.

Have you ever watched wummins football? It's worse than watching the men, and if you just want something Scottish to succeed, away and party when murray snr plays in a mixed doubles game.

Let's hope you don't have a dougter that ends up playing for Scotland eh she won't get f all praise from you. In fact that attitude is why she would not play football as she would never be any good sir. 

10 minutes ago, Letsdoit said:

OK. 

9 minutes ago, Letsdoit said:

Sir. 

That's better.:ok:

A paragraph with 200 words without full stop is difficult to read and if it's difficult to read a lot of folk won't bother reading it and you obviously have something interesting to say so you shouldn't discourage folk from reading it IMO.

A bunch of us were talking about it in the pub yesterday, and a few of us might head over? Too early to say yet. One guy tried to tell us that the SFA didn't officially recognise the National Womens team until 1998, which is pretty disgraceful if true. The rest of us were sceptical about that interesting "fact" but nothing would surprise me about the SFA.

That's the spirit. will be a fantastic experience for the girls and the TA. 

Also a great excuse to get away with the troops mixing with all the other support and drinking all day and night for a few days and find some cool new songs to sing hehe Let's gather some moment nearer the time. 

The finals draw is on the 8th December with the tournament kicking off in Paris on the 7th of June. I can’t see any direct flights from GLA/EDI to France on Skyscanner though. I was thinking of making a bit of a family holiday out of it, i’ll decided nearer the time 

Edited by jcs

8 minutes ago, jcs said:

The finals draw is on the 8th December with the tournament kicking off in Paris on the 7th of June. I can’t see any direct flights from GLA/EDI to France on Skyscanner though. I was thinking of making a bit of a family holiday out of it, i’ll decided nearer the time 

Hope we draw some Scandinavians as I'd love to mix with them :)

I'm planning on going. Hopefully we get drawn to play in Rennes as my parents stay near there (cheap digs!). I've been trying to get my daughters interested in fitba (and supporting Scotland), so this would be the perfect opportunity