Burt Reynolds. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Burt Reynolds.

Amazing the roles he turned down because he liked doing what he was doing I.E. Smokey type films. For example, lead roles in Die Hard and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. 

Apparently fired his agent for getting him the role in Boogie Nights which, imo, is one of his finest moments. 

9 minutes ago, Stapes said:

Amazing the roles he turned down because he liked doing what he was doing I.E. Smokey type films. For example, lead roles in Die Hard and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. 

Apparently fired his agent for getting him the role in Boogie Nights which, imo, is one of his finest moments. 

Some of his later interviews were really good and he acknowledged what an ass he had been when at his height of fame

The Piers Morgan one was good along with another he gave to the BBC

The best story i heard recently was when they were filming Deliverance and it came to the scene where his character was to go over the waterfall

The Director and crew were going to use a dummy but as Burt was in his prime his macho man took over and insisted he do it himself as using a dummy would look shite

So he did the stunt and stated that before it he was a young enthusiastic fit good looking guy and after it he felt like an old beat up pensioner

But he consoled himself by thinking that the scene would look great

He went to the rushes to watch it and he realised that it still looked like a dummy going over the falls .....